Ebay Wedding Dresses

Comments

• gabyjane
    gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    Hi Padingtondoo the petticoat that she sent me has a hoop (can't remember if i said!) i didn't want one BUT it looks quite good and is also removable, haven't tried it with the dress but it's easier to walk in! It was £25 so let me know if you want any info..
  • gabyjane
    gabyjane Posts: 3,541 Forumite
    My dress arrived out of the blue this morning.

I'm absolutely speechless - its gorgeous! It's been hand beaded boned with cups in and everything.
    The fabric is fantastic and the finishing is excellent.

I just can't believe how they got it in such a small package. Once I plucked up the courage to open it it just expanded.

I'm really really excited - i haven't tried it on yet as I can't manage a lace-up back on my own unfortunately and it weighs the same as ones I've tried on in shops. Yes it does need a petticoat but I'm sure I can get one for the huge amount of money I've saved.

Sorry to run on so much!

Hi glad you are pleased with it, they are gorgeous dresses aren't they! i have to say when the man at the PO handed me the package i too was a bit..hmm it's not going to be great! was very happy to open it and it's so heavy like yours! Again like you i want to try it on again BUT it's lace up aswell so can't! friends over next weekend so ill get her to help me with the petticoat too!
  • k8te
    k8te Posts: 340 Forumite
    I am so glad you love your dress, i have just ordered mine from the same seller, wont be here till 20th April, such a wait but i am sure it will be worth it!

Kate x :D
  • Hi girls,

I am so very happy to have found this thread! I'm not getting married just yet, but me and the bf have discussed it a lot recently and having had a cursory glance at the costs involved - it's so expensive! Like everyone, I want to be a princess on the day, but not to the tune of £1000 for a dress I'll never wear again! Incidently, when I lived in the Philippines, I had a dress made for a posh do at the British embassy. I was really delighted by the quality and it was hand-embroidered with crystals across the floor-length gown. So, just because something is done in the far east, it doesn't mean it will be inferior quality (I think thats what I'm trying to say!).

Good luck with it all :D
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I am so happy for you, glad it's turned out so lovely.

I'm quite interested in buying from there myself now... Went looking at dresses yesterday but the 2 I like were both £895!!!:eek:

Might have to shop around a bit more...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• littlel_3
    littlel_3 Posts: 414 Forumite
    Thanks alot to everyone on here, you have now given me the courage to go for a ebay dress, really was'nt sure because of quality and because I am not a small girl so normally have to try everything on, but am going to go to some bridal shops to try on some different styles to see if they fit nice then get measured up and order off of the net.
    Am getting married in sept so will have to get a move on now.

Thank x
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    littlel wrote: »
    Thanks alot to everyone on here, you have now given me the courage to go for a ebay dress, really was'nt sure because of quality and because I am not a small girl so normally have to try everything on, but am going to go to some bridal shops to try on some different styles to see if they fit nice then get measured up and order off of the net.
    Am getting married in sept so will have to get a move on now.

Thank x

I went a tried loads on but other than giving me an idea of what suited me I didn't find the one.

I wanted a white lace up back dress and there seem to be so few of them in the shops. I'm also far short of the 5' 8" average so would have had to pay a fortune for the dress to be shortened especially as the one I have has a satin edging to the organza. This way I got it made to my length and the saving was a bonus.

I also didn't have to pay any import duty or VAT as most of the cost was postage. I ordered my dress in the middle of January and received it last week but there was a 2 week delay for Chinese new year so it would have taken 6 weeks all together.
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • littlel_3
    littlel_3 Posts: 414 Forumite
    Did you manage to try it on yet Padingtondoo, Did it all fit well??
  • taytanya
    taytanya Posts: 23 Forumite
    for my mother-in-laws wedding a couple of years ago she had a custom made bridesmaid dress for me ... cost £99 and was quite quick on delivery , very very well made ... we were very impressed !!!
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    littlel wrote: »
    Did you manage to try it on yet Padingtondoo, Did it all fit well??

Not yet my friend isn't free until next Wednesday so will be then. I keep going and looking at it!

It looks about the right size and is the right length once I get a hoop sorted out.

Will upate you all as soon as I can.
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family