40+ Christmas MoneySaving tips

Options
MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all, we've written a new 40+ Christmas MoneySaving tips guide to help you cut the cost of the festive season.

Is there anything you'd like to see added? Do you have any top tips?

Thanks
for your help!

MSE Jenny

Comments

• Wings_of_Ambition
    Options
    I've always found that, with other events through the year such as birthdays and leaving do's, it's handmade stuff that gets more appreciation. So get down somewhere like Hobbycraft and be creative for a day :)
  • Hi Jenny
    Your 'cheapest perfume' clicky under the 12 saves of xmas thread goes through to store cards, as the info above the perfumes - do you have the correct link please?
    Many thanks
  • russellxena_2
    Options
    I've decided to make all my presents today! Sloe Gin, various chutneys & pickled onion! Nearer the big day Im going to make some truffles too!
    Yummy, saving loads of money so dont have to worry too much about the kids presents!
  • itsybitsygoth
    Options
    I like the idea of making the mugs filled with chocolates etc, I'm toying with the idea of doing a mini pamper kit- face mask, nail file, chocolates, minature bubble bath in a pretty mug.

Anyone know where I can get the cellophane to wrap them up in?
    Overdraft- [strike]£500[/strike] PAID! Computer Loan- [strike]£292.67[/strike] PAID! Credit Card- £369.00 PCDL Loan- £6664.80
  • salduck
    salduck Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    itsy try the hampers threads on th special occassions board loads and loads of ideas and details of where ppl get their cello etc
    x
    Mortgage free wannabe! No idea on date yet! £132,350 TBC
    Loan paying off May 2022 £7000
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    I like the idea of making the mugs filled with chocolates etc, I'm toying with the idea of doing a mini pamper kit- face mask, nail file, chocolates, minature bubble bath in a pretty mug.

itsybitsygoth, most people who make up the hampers use a company called flower hour - http://www.flowerhour.co.uk/

They also have an ebay store - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Flower-Hour

Hope this helps :)
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • I like the idea of making the mugs filled with chocolates etc, I'm toying with the idea of doing a mini pamper kit- face mask, nail file, chocolates, minature bubble bath in a pretty mug.

You can buy cellophane in many designs from florists for about a quid a metre (my florist was even more generous as he'd never been asked before- though I dare say that will change now!)
    P.s. Just to add that this cellophane is not recyclable- looks nice but horrible to the environment.
  • Our office is organising a £5 or £6 secret santa - gifts to be opened at our Christmas lunch (which also costs!!) All this is unwelcome expense especially as I've just started working there practically voluntarily. I can make felt jewelry for a woman, but has anyone had the experience of buying secret santas for guys they don't know at all well?? :confused:
  • rubydoiwannabee
    Options
    Our office is organising a £5 or £6 secret santa - gifts to be opened at our Christmas lunch (which also costs!!) All this is unwelcome expense especially as I've just started working there practically voluntarily. I can make felt jewelry for a woman, but has anyone had the experience of buying secret santas for guys they don't know at all well?? :confused:

I had to do this last year...ended up buy a mug with 'i would rather be in the pub' on it. Was pretty stumped otherwise.

HTH
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    I hate 'secret Santa'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories