Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect

Options

Comments

• Fred_Kent
    Options
    I started the process in mid August and hearing nothing by 4th September followed up. Was advised the welcome pack had been sent but as we'd had not received it another would be. We should have got the message then!!!! However, despite my better judgement we did the necessary to proceed (cancelling the request sent earlier that day that we would not be proceeding, and had an acknowledgement on 7th September that an account had been set up and then.......silence!!
    We followed up again (and again and again) until finally we were asked to give meter readings for a second time followed by an acknowledgement again that our account had been set up and then....silence!!
    We don't check our bank account on line every day or even every week so it was with shock on 27th September that we discovered that two initial payments had been taken ie one on 11th September and one on 26th September (with one to our then current provider in between).
    Needless to say on the phone again (our 10th call during the process!!) to ask what was going on only to be told that they had only taken one payment.....!!! Damien did say I should contact Diane which I did. Diane confirmed verbally and even "verbally" apologised, however, for safety's sake we decided to email as well for confirmation. The response was that the money would be refunded (and has now been I admit) and that none of this was the fault of OneSelect.
    The attitude in this email made me realise that I truly had made a mistake but the cooling off period had ended. I worded a strong email back to OneSelect advising how it could possibly be our fault and that we had responded promptly to, by now, 3 requests for meter readings, had two payments taken, had had two account numbers allocated and had been given three different switch dates and asking that this be escalated. This was 48 hours ago and nothing heard.
    I yesterday commenced a further switch out of desperation. The ONLY good point with OneSelect is that there are no exit fees.
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    One Select did eventually manage to produce a bill for me after 4 months and much prompting, however, too little, too late. There's still no sign of their online portal. Switch has been initiated to Iresa, their online portal was up and running for me immediately, and they're 10% cheaper. Agree with above poster, best thing about One select, is no exit fee, you'll be glad of it !
  • Singerjulie
    Options
    I switched easily on dual fuel, but my first electricity meter reading failed to show on my account and they estimated it instead, despite the fact that I have an email stating that they had received my readings, and several gas and electric readings have failed to show since. I've contacted Iresa about 12 times since April via their online ticketing portal, and each time my messages have been ignored, then marked as 'resolved' without any contact or resolution. I tweeted them today and finally got a response, simply to tell me that my latest reading had not been validated (although no explanation why) and that my complaints had been passed onto their complaints department. I'm doubtful I'll hear any more. Avoid this company. It has taken me 6 months to get (an unsatisfactory) response from them.
  • Singerjulie
    Options
    My review was supposed to be on the Iresa feed...
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 October 2017 at 4:34PM
    Options
    My review was supposed to be on the Iresa feed...
    You can delete posts, edit - delete.
  • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Options
    sebringmx wrote: »
    It is in the T&Cs:

9.8.1.1 SECURE plan
    (c) The discount/cashback is limited to domestic customers with maximum gas usage of 20,000 kWh and 10,000 kWh electricity

Oneselect offer a discount of £30 per fuel on their Secure Plan. The T&C's above state that the is only for customers with maximum gas usage of 20,000 kWh and 10,000 kWh electricity.

My annual consumption of Gas could be inexcess of 20,000. If this was the case, would I still be entitlied the £30 for the electicity?
  • kithoughton
    Options
    Joined Oneselect in July and still have no online account so cannot see bills,energy usage or anything. Tried the phone line which did eventually connect. They were unhelpful to the point of rudeness. Emailed and got reply to say technical problems and no online accounts until at least mid-October. Very unsatisfactory
  • Atlanticboy
    Options
    Switch over commenced on the 25/09/2017 and completed on the 15/10/2017. No problems encountered, the only thing I noticed is that the OneSelect system for communication is primarily email or phone with 'online meter readings to come' option. This is not a big deal for me as long as their email system does not get bunged up or hacked.
    My previous supplier was British Gas (through CEC) and had no problems with them however One Select was cheaper. I did get a call from BG asking if I would stay with them if they gave me a cheaper quote, but for me this offer was too late as I had virtually completed the switch over and didn't want to confuse things.
  • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Options
    I too switched to OneSelect when the BG Collective deal ended. The transfer was completed within 3 weeks and I have found them responsive to emails.

So far happy.
  • Seaside-lake
    Options
    Moved energies in August 2017 this went without any problems they kept me up to date with procedures. Gave them meter readings when asked for. Problem occurred when I found my old supplier Avro was using a higher reading for electric than what was supplied. One select took this on board and chased Avro . They kept me informed as to what was happening. Have now amended the start figure they used and credited the difference. You can now access your account and supply readings on line.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure