It's not a lot, but it's enough

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Nothing quite like being organised. And making a list and checking it twice is wise when going a shopping trip to London as it's too easy to be distracted and impulse buy. Hope you have a nice day and the weather is onside for you too.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I'm with FD as well. Love them as a bank, but I got an email last week reducing my savings rate down to something ridiculous like 0.1%. Still, I can save elsewhere if I need to.
    Sounds as if you've had a busy but enjoyable weekend. Hope you don't have too many mouth ulcers from biting yourself at the gym...
    I'm all done for Christmas. I just need to stop myself from topping up.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Speky you are so good! Impressive for a single male! Lol

I too switched to FD in June and have been impressed so far. I have a current account, basic savings account, a higher rate savings account and a CC at 0%. All my money is tied up there.

I shall be off Christmas shopping on Saturday and hopefully will get most of it.

Well done with the savings - you're doing so well
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

With it being the last day of the month, my standing order came out so £200 straight into my HTB. Taking me up to £1,350 saved up.

Yesterday morning I went to the dentist and got my filling filled down a bit so my bite is better now although still getting a little bit of pain so I'll give it a week and I'll go back if I have to.

Carphone Warehouse has been a bit poor with me over the weekend. I went in on Saturday and signed up for a new contract and phone. Long and short of it is I've been in 3 times and they've 'lost' my sim each time. So I have my new handset but can't use it. Poor.

Got an early Xmas present from my Mum, a new laptop. Well I went halfers with her. So in the process of trying to set it up. I'll sell my old one (and old phone when this is all sorted) and hopefully I'll be able to earn a few bob.

I'm still without my bank card which is a bit of a blessing as I can't spend although I had a planned spend day tomorrow with it being the 1st of December; need to join the new gym and renew my Netflix account - that way both the DD's come out on the 1st of every month.

I've also written a list of things I need to buy for December, mostly final bits and bobs for Xmas and my Mums birthday and I'll be glad to have it all sorted. I've a few nights out planned but just going to watch my spending at them to ensure I don't shoot myself in the foot.

Anyway, back to it now. Toodle-pip.
  • joeyjimbles
    Options
    CW did something similar with DS1 and he managed to get them to credit his account for 2 months of airtime - but that was when they were in cahoots with Talkmobile - still might be worth seeing what they might offer you for your trouble.
    London is a long weekend trip - used to live there so there's a bit of revisiting old haunts as well as a girls trip with theatre, shopping, food and drink. All planned and budgeted for so should be good. List is now finalised but I always allow some extra for anything special that I see there that will be better/thrill someone. Both boys are pretty specific about what they want this year and Black Friday deals bought those things, so its just a few treats that I need.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Well yesterday I went to collect my sim card. Got home and it does't fit!!! So I need to go back again for the 4th time in 5 days. I'm not one to complain and I'm struggling to remember a time when I have about a product or a service but I feel my hand is forced.

My new card arrived yesterday to replace the one I lost. Well technically I didn't lose it as I know where it is but you know what I mean. So I'm back to fully functioning now.

Busy day ahead, particularly this morning, so I'll check back later.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Speky, I found the YNAB podcasts! :T:T
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    louby40 wrote: »
    Speky, I found the YNAB podcasts! :T:T

Ah good on you! They don't go into much detail about YNAB itself, it's more little mantras on how to "get out of debt and save more money". Let me know your thoughts.

Welllll......the sim card I was given doesn't fit!!! So i need to go back AGAIN to Carphone Warehouse. Deary me.

Signed up to my new gym last night to make the most of my spend day. The plan is to go to the gym every weekday morning before with with my friend who I car share with. It'll mean getting up at 5am but should free up my evenings and weekends.

Today should be a NSD for me as I've not got much planned. I've written a list for the weekend of things to do and keep me going. On top of that I'm working tomorrow so it'll be a busy one.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CW really need to compensate you now - this is ridiculous.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Agreed Joey.

I'll go in tomorrow morning and see them. Really frustrating.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback