Yes car credit (Direct Auto Finance) ppi (salesman commission)

Hi, new here hope this is the right place. I tried to get the ppi back from yes car credit a number of years ago and was told no as I was not misold. Direct Auto Financial Services wrote to me in Oct 17 stating that I can now make a new type of complaint re: the amount of commission the sales person took at the time of the sale (typically 50%), if my complaint is upheld they would refund (redress) back to an amount. I did complain and was told that I would receive a redress of £686. I have just received a letter from them advising me that the have let the 'debt management company' that took my debt about the redress and the matter is now closed. I did not receive any redress money from them - they did not mention a debt management company until this final letter. Is there anyone I can complain to about this?

Any help, gratefully appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I did complain and was told that I would receive a redress of £686. I have just received a letter from them advising me that the have let the 'debt management company' that took my debt about the redress and the matter is now closed. I did not receive any redress money from them - they did not mention a debt management company until this final letter. Is there anyone I can complain to about this?

If you have arrears, defaulted or had amounts written off as part of an agreed settlement then the redress can go against that debt and not be paid to you.

They appear to be saying that you defaulted and it was referred to a debt management company. Is that correct?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • yes that is correct
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    In which case, as you never paid the debt (and the PPI), you are not entitled to a refund of it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lita_hash wrote: »
    Is there anyone I can complain to about this?
    You really cannot complain that they won't give you a "refund" of money you failed to pay in the first place.
    Sorry.
  • mangle101
    mangle101 Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, new here hope this is the right place. I tried to get the ppi back from yes car credit a number of years ago and was told no as I was not misold. Direct Auto Financial Services wrote to me in Oct 17 stating that I can now make a new type of complaint re: the amount of commission the sales person took at the time of the sale (typically 50%), if my complaint is upheld they would refund (redress) back to an amount. I did complain and was told that I would receive a redress of £686. I have just received a letter from them advising me that the have let the 'debt management company' that took my debt about the redress and the matter is now closed. I did not receive any redress money from them - they did not mention a debt management company until this final letter. Is there anyone I can complain to about this?

Any help, gratefully appreciated. Thanks

This is interesting as there will be many, many people who have tried to complain about being missold PPI only to be told 'No' Will have to dig my paperwork out
    'Dont Bury Your Head In The Sand As Your Problems Will Still Exist'
    Debt Free Since 1st September 2009:j
  • [Deleted User]
    mangle101 wrote: »
    This is interesting as there will be many, many people who have tried to complain about being missold PPI only to be told 'No' Will have to dig my paperwork out
    Hardly the first time the Plevin Ruling has been mentioned on here.

Do note that the Plevin Ruling applies to credit agreements opened after April 2007 or - for those opened before April 2007 - only those which still had a balance outstanding after April 2008.
  • mangle101
    mangle101 Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hardly the first time the Plevin Ruling has been mentioned on here.

Do note that the Plevin Ruling applies to credit agreements opened after April 2007 or - for those opened before April 2007 - only those which still had a balance outstanding after April 2008.

'Interesting' only In that it had failed to register (with me) that Plevin Ruling could be applied to DAF.

Thank you for the information regarding the timescales of the credit agreements.
    'Dont Bury Your Head In The Sand As Your Problems Will Still Exist'
    Debt Free Since 1st September 2009:j
  • I did pay off the balance eventually
  • [Deleted User]
    I did pay off the balance eventually
    There must have been interest etc written off as part of your default if they are offsetting your redress.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure