IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals successes and failures

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ry3owl wrote: »
    They have abolished grammar all together!!! Or ones grammar isn't that great.

They have not however abolished the rules you agreed to - and this is hijacking an entirely irrellevant thread!

So go and read the Newbies Sticky carefully and if you need any other help (which is unlikely as this sounds like a Pepipoo matter) simply post your own thread!

And if you do take this to Pepipoo, do ensure you read the FAQ/New posters thread and comply with what they ask for and post in the correct forum. they will give you very short shrift if you dont!
  • Hi ALL

Can I have some advice on appealing my Parking Charge Notice. I live at the property as a tenant in which PCM UK Ltd operate and am sure they do not own the land as their sign states they manage and operate. Some !!!! put a ticket on my car because I was parked in a visitor spot for 5 mins and not my numbered bay due to a heavy item being in my boot which needed to come out but my bay is too small get this out. I have appealed this and rejected in 1 day and not even acknowledge my reason for parking in that visitor bay. I now can appeal to IAS so is there anything I can send that will ensure I win this case or should I ignore from now? does it matter if they think I may be the driver?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Jiggyic wrote: »
    Hi ALL

Can I have some advice on appealing my Parking Charge Notice. I live at the property as a tenant in which PCM UK Ltd operate and am sure they do not own the land as their sign states they manage and operate. Some !!!! put a ticket on my car because I was parked in a visitor spot for 5 mins and not my numbered bay due to a heavy item being in my boot which needed to come out but my bay is too small get this out. I have appealed this and rejected in 1 day and not even acknowledge my reason for parking in that visitor bay. I now can appeal to IAS so is there anything I can send that will ensure I win this case or should I ignore from now? does it matter if they think I may be the driver?

It would be best if you started your own thread and please read this guide:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Walaboobah
    Walaboobah Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 23 March 2015 at 12:52PM
    To get this thread back on topic....

I've had a couple of recent wins, both against NCP.

The first one my initial appeal was turned down so I went to POPLA, was given the date my case was going to be heard but received an Email prior to that from London Councils (POPLA) saying

"The Operator has informed us that they have cancelled parking charge notice number CXXXXXXXXX, issued in respect of a vehicle with the registration mark XXXXXXX . Your appeal has therefore been allowed by order of the Lead Adjudicator. You are not liable for the parking charge and, where appropriate, any amounts already paid in respect of this parking charge notice will be refunded by the Operator. "

That was last year, I then received another ticket for "Not parking within a designated bay", I then followed the template exactly as it was and appealed to NCP around Day 21 and have heard nothing back from them about it.

I went to their website to check, entered the details only to discover that the new ticket had been Cancelled! (It would have been nice if they had told me this rather than me having to find out!)

So to wins, one at the second stage although not technically a POPLA win and one at the first stage. I would never have won without the assistance of folks on this forum and to any newbies out there don't pay and follow the templates and you will win
  • Jaxmax
    Jaxmax Posts: 8 Forumite
    That's good to hear as I'm considering appealing against an NCP PCN for 'parking outside a marked bay', but feel very nervous about gettng an even bigger fine. Can I ask, why wait for day 21?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Appealing a windscreen ticket AS KEEPER around day 21 means NPC will likely not seek KEEPER details via DVLA. Keeper details MUST be sourced via DVLA to invoke keeper liability under POFA 2012. ;)
  • soton_25
    soton_25 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Devilishly sneaky
  • wise70
    wise70 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi everyone,
    I received a charge notice reminder for a overstay in a tesco car park. I did not receive the first notice, so I have been charged the full amount instead of the reduced charge.

I am planning to apeal using the template. Should I mention that I did not receive the first notice or just stick with the standard template? Thanks guys.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    wise70 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I received a charge notice reminder for a overstay in a tesco car park. I did not receive the first notice, so I have been charged the full amount instead of the reduced charge.

I am planning to apeal using the template. Should I mention that I did not receive the first notice or just stick with the standard template? Thanks guys.

It would be better if you started your own thread.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • PSF
    PSF Posts: 1 Newbie
    I got a parking ticket in Fiarview Road, Croydon - even though I had purchased a ticket.

On the day in question I had dropped my two, very recently adopted, children at their summer activity camp and had gone to Norbury to collect some dry cleaning. I drove onto Fairview Road, parked and went to the parking machine. It was out of order so I took a photo of it. I went to another parking machine; it too was out of order so I took another photo of it. I then went round the corner and found another machine which was working, I purchased a ticket and then one of my neighbours saw me and asked me about the children. We chatted for maybe two minutes before I said I had to get back to the car to put the ticket on or I would get a fine.

Sure enough I got back to the car and there was a ticket; they must have been waiting somewhere. I thought that it would not be a problem and so kept the ticket and PCN waiting for the letter.

When the letter arrived I made my appeal, included a copy of the paid for parking ticket and also the photos of the machines. The response I received rejected my appeal and said that I should have posted the ticket into my car immediately rather than waiting six minutes to do so.

For one reason or another I neglected to appeal again (how many times do you have to appeal?) and now have a threatening letter referring to bailiffs and my failure to lodge an appeal.

Should I let the matter go to court (will it go to court?) or should I pay as I am worried about the fine escalating and there being negative consequences for me?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback