Leapforce

Comments

• Ruby_Ruby
    Ruby_Ruby Posts: 277 Forumite
    noire.uno wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm a newbie so please be gently with. I recent had my invoice was returned because of time discrepancy. LP said I reported a of 1 hour but Unaccounted Variance according to their server is -10 mins .What does this mean, did I bill less or more on my time sheet.Thanks

Check your messages, I've Pmed you.
  • Nevanoo
    Nevanoo Posts: 88 Forumite
    Anybody else doing AND STRUGGLING with the 12m local tasks.....I just cannot get my head around them, I remember passing a cert for these also.....any tips ? :/
  • Hey guys, stumbled across leapforce a few days ago and then this site. Just wanted to ask a quick question before applying since i want my application to be perfect even if this may seem kind of miniscule.

Quote from leapforce site "content based on your Google account linked to your Gmail address that you use to register with Leapforce"

Does this mean when applying i need to use a Gmail account? Or can i link it to my account if i get accepted? Like it doesnt specificly say but would if matter if i used yahoo/hotmail etc?

Sorry again if this seems like a silly question
  • Hello, John 44 - yes, you do need to use a Gmail account to apply, and if you're accepted by LF you'll need to use that Gmail account to access the work.

Here's a link to publicly available information on their website:

https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/job/36

I can't explain why, but I can say that you wouldn't be able to use any mail account other than Gmail.
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Was going to give this a go after reading all the posts on here as I am looking for extra ways to make money online whilst at home with the kids. But the only vacancy listed for the UK seems to be on either an android phone or I phone?

Do they get jobs based on actual PC's or is it all on phones?

Will have to keep reading MSE for other income ideas I think lol.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• Unfortunately at the moment the only UK vacancies are for the position I linked to above, which does require android smartphones or iphones.

Perhaps you could keep an eye on the site to see if they have other UK vacancies in the future which do use PCs (I was taken on as a PC user in mid-April).

Alternatively, have a look at Lionbridge which does similar work but through an Irish company rather than a US company (Internet Assessor is the similar kind of job):

http://www.thesmartcrowd.com/workers/job-opportunities/country/united-kingdom/#jobs-list
  • ALIBOBSY
    Have looked at LB, but unfortunately I don't think I will fit their criteria.

I don't have a degree and have been a SAHM for the last 5 or 6 years. Other than doing some online text writing for various companies my CV is bare. Was hoping for work via a company that asks you to do a test so I can prove what I am able to do.

Thanks anyway.

Ali x

• Toxicity
    Toxicity Posts: 140 Forumite
    When I applied with LF it stated an android phone was needed and I am 4 months in and yet to need to use a phone at all. I'd still give applying a go.

Also worked for LB without having a degree, don't think you need one?
  • Both LF and LB require you to pass a test to demonstrate your aptitude for the work, so why not apply?

When I applied for LB I didn't submit a CV - but I don't know if it's manadory now - so they didn't know whether or not I had a degree. In any case it's 'preferred level of education' so if you could say that the work you've been doing is graduate level work then that demonstrates you're capable of that.
  • ALIBOBSY
    Might give the application a go and see if it insists on a CV. TBH my last one is about 10 years old and lost on an old disc somewhere lol.

I wonder if the fact that I don't have a "main" job so to speak will help as I am available during the day and at odd times?

Looking on the terms and conditions at the application start date, it suggests the CV is optional.

May give it a whirl and see.

Thanks
    Ali x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts