PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Kittikins wrote: »
    I saw milk for dogs in a supermarket yesterday!

where is the 'sad' button??
  • Kittikins wrote: »
    Chicken - love the chilli sauce!! You naughty little chick you, bet TLAMS will squirm when he reads that, lol.

It would make your eyes water!

As for the Porsche. I had had mine for 37 years, a 910 E, white with alloy wheels, fully die cast.

5 Gosh yous lot have rabbited on about such little things, men and otehrs I can holdly bare my breathe here. I would love to be the fly in the ointment should Caterina do another day session.

4 Just done accounts fo my business and posted off. Had to update mebers list as well. that is it for anotehr year.

3 Doing smackeral kedigree, a biot of a take on real kedgeree tonight. two filliets of Mackeral, Tone Nail shaped onion. fry onino in pan, add mackeral. Add boiled rice (Long Grain not tyhat expensive basmsh1ttie stuff). Add bit of fresh coriander and , CHILLI. When cooked stir in egg mix and serve.

2 Doing an ASP for the website, total cuckooo up after thinkjing about doior handles, best I check my shirts now!

1 Pull!
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • Kittikins wrote: »
    I saw milk for dogs in a supermarket yesterday!
    sparrer wrote: »
    where is the 'sad' button??
    Bin available for cats for years!
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

• Note to self.

I shall not mention the nice peach full bodied punch from 1982. Nice, with lemon and a slice for the gals, but extra body was full of comfort. Long queues did form!

Nor the nice little fermented cherries on the farms in the desesrt, and the vintage wine (4 week brew). Never did they get close to the veteren wine, at 7 weeks.

And in them days, the gals used to leave their cameras on the side, and wonder why the film was used up so quick. No facebook thing then, just bums and scrap books. If you look hard enuff yous lot, their are plenty of shots of me in them books! Just that it is a crease not a pretty face!

• goldenpony
    goldenpony Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2012 at 3:29PM
    Hello, never posted on this thread before but it brings a bit of sunshine in my day to read about all the lovely things others are doing that I thought I'd contribute too.

1. Watching Living with Venetia in Kyoto - very OS friendly show - today was about lavender sachets and making yarrow infused toothpaste...gosh, I'm sad! There's something very tranquil about watching it though...
    2. Using the odds and ends in the fridge along with sme cheapy Morrisons own lasagne sheets to make up a lasagne - ended up with enough filling to make three so that's a few meals sorted!
    3. Using my me-made eye pillow chilled in the freezer to ease an headache before.
    4. Making a little black fringed jersey scarf from a t-shirt that had some holes in it. Saving it for Halloween 'cause if it continues how it is, it's going to be freeeeeeezing. Plus the fringe is a little bit raggedly... :rotfl:
    5. Looking forward to homemade pizza for tea tonight with salad. Nom nom nom.

Hope everyone else has had happy and OS filled days. :)
    Riding on the cycling road
    Green green grass surrounding me
    Wind is blowing through the trees
    Sun is bright and I feel happy
    1 debt vs 100 days (part 10): £0/£700
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,027 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I am loving the posts on here, plots of revenge, chilli on loo handles ouchy, and sharing.. it has all the makings of a great TV show.:rotfl:
    One of those days where it feels like I have done loads and achieved little.:o
    1.Popped into HBase to pick up some £1 anti bac wipes we use them to wipe up a lot.
    2.Hmmm we picked up the freezer from around the corner, it’s shall we say a bit dented it doesn’t look new, but it is spotlessly clean, it works and its going in a cupboard and of course we could afford it at £40 rather than £240, 6 drawers and an ice compartment energy A, he he he let me at those rtc’s. Have to admit it was a bit more complex, we got the freezer back and know to let it stand, then realised where we want to put it has had a hole in the concrete from where we had a water leak fixed so then had to mix up some concrete and let that sit, so have a hallway full of freezer at the moment.
    3.MIL has a problem as the car has just been written off it feels really nice to be able to offer and taken up on help.
    4. Left over roast from Monday will be turned into an easy pasta bake tonight.
    5. Vast amount of proper cleaning done, everything out of the lounge, tidied cleaned and everything back in.
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Good evening all !

Tilams - sorry if the chilli story made your eyes water .... better your eyes me thinks ;)

Kittikins - naughty naughty ... nope don't think we shared him . R never had a wife , not the sort really.

OT - you little old Felicity Kendal you ! Yearling teeth are really funny - the boys are growing up then !Love your life

PK- glad to hear that you have something else to fill with rtc xx

a few for today

1. You lot , cracking me up at silly o'clock :rotfl:

2. Brother deigned to text me re "my plans" :Dfor his party .

3.Headache from hell - Sparrer - a real shoes in fridge day ! words going back to front , not remembering what I have on etc - Nice to be home though .

4. Quiet night - hens will be in bed at 7pm ..looking forward to my bed.

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,143 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    5 or so from me before sons come home. Another splendid day!

1) Not a bad sleep although I stayed up to watch Motorcycle Diaries so only went to bed at 1.30am.

2) Sons off to school happily, bigger son bearing his ingredients ready for cookery class first thing.

3) More cleaning and sorting out. You can get under the stairs now! (Though I'm not sure why you would want to).

4) Windows man came at 11am so a living room window and kitchen window have been ordered. :-) That will mean all the downstairs windows have been changed this year. The kitchen one is worst, it actually has woodworm in the sill!

5) Swept and tidied the garden. Took a load of stuff to the skip then some more of my sister's tidying outs to the charity shop for her.

6) Went to Sainsburys with no children which is always good.

7) Took mum to the hairdresser (foot no longer in plaster but can't drive yet).

8) Whilst mum was in there, went to the little charity shop. It is a bit hit and miss in there but..... found a Regatta fleecy top and a hoodie for sons then found some brand new Next bedroom curtains. I got mine from a charity shop about 10 years ago as a temporary measure and these new ones are ace! I've just put them up. :-) They were £5.

9) Mum got sons and me a cake each for driving her to town so we will enjoy those later.

10) Going to make goulash for tea.

11) Looking forward to Holby later. Perhaps I will watch it in bed and have an early night.

P.S haven't dealt with mrb's stuff yet apart from to dispose of an incredibly manky pair of sandals of his.
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Today has been one of those days where everything is getting on top of me and the slightest setback seems a mountain. I hate hormones! Anyway, got to try and find some pleasures, so here goes:

1. The sun streaming through the trees, weaving golden rays with autumn leaves, and shadows flickering on the ground.
    2. The cold with the sunshine. I'm definitely loving this time of year, and always do.
    3. Have got the storecupboard stocked up with a few more bits and pieces "just in case'
    4. Seem to be on a bit of a health kick. Fancied some broccoli with tonight's pasta bake so will go with it - might be my body trying to tell me something.
    5. Have made a to do list for the first time in quite a while in an attempt to get my motivation back. We'll see!

Frith - haven't had goulash for ages - think I'll dig out the recipe and give that one a go. Thanks for the inspiration. :)
    Welcome, Goldenpony!
    Chicken - sounds like you've had one of those days! Here's to a better tomorrow :)
    PK - snap with Pasta Bake for tea :D

(((hugs))) to those that are in need of them.

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Welcome Goldenpony do you own a palomino? Theres a few horsey folk including me on here. Do tell all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure