Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    OK, I did feel guilty after asking and went to look for myself. Hmm, not too exciting!

Confession: I'm currently supposed to be proof-reading daughter's dissertation, so I'm trying not to distract myself too much!
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • Hi! I opened the M+S accounts yesterday, after the info on the Reg Saver provided here (cheers!). I've had an email today, with no logos or anything on, saying I need to ring them on 0345 600 8864. Has anyone had the same? I can't tell if it is spam or not. The name on the email matches somebody who is publicised as working at M+S Bank... I just find it strange the email doesn't give any details?
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    sopranolmu wrote: »
    Hi! I opened the M+S accounts yesterday, after the info on the Reg Saver provided here (cheers!). I've had an email today, with no logos or anything on, saying I need to ring them on 0345 600 8864. Has anyone had the same? I can't tell if it is spam or not. The name on the email matches somebody who is publicised as working at M+S Bank... I just find it strange the email doesn't give any details?
    Phone them on the number you used to set up the account originally and ask if they have sent you the email.
  • Signed up online!
  • Steve_xx
    sopranolmu wrote: »
    Signed up online!
    Sales/Applications:
    0800 997 996

Customer Services/Complaints:
    0345 900 0900
  • IanIan
    IanIan Posts: 70 Forumite
    I have just opened of these accounts. It doesn't quite fit the criteria for this thread but it may be useful if you have filled up your Santander 123 accounts etc.

It can be opened via the website; £100 to open; 30 days' notice to withdraw; can invest any amount at any time up to £20,000; pays 1.5%.

http://www.themelton.co.uk/notice_accounts/online-melton-home-buyer-regular-saver-notice-account/
  • Steve_xx
    IanIan wrote: »
    I have just opened of these accounts. It doesn't quite fit the criteria for this thread but it may be useful if you have filled up your Santander 123 accounts etc.

It can be opened via the website; £100 to open; 30 days' notice to withdraw; can invest any amount at any time up to £20,000; pays 1.5%.

http://www.themelton.co.uk/notice_accounts/online-melton-home-buyer-regular-saver-notice-account/

It's pretty rubbish. The Nationwide Save to Buy Issue 2 pays 2%.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 January 2015 at 12:03AM
    Hi Everybody,

I am adding the Nationwide Save to Buy (Issue 2) account to the homebuyer accounts list in post 8.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • IanIan
    Regular Saver account. Open with as little as £10, save any amount between £10 and £500 each month. Lasts for 12 months. No withdrawals. 2%.
    http://www.scottishbs.co.uk/regular-saver-a551

• IanIan
    This appears to have been withdrawn. It is not on the website, except in the closed issues interest rate leaflet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure