PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• Hello, we put our 1 bedroom flat on the market 2 weeks ago.

We're finding the waiting hard as we don't know what's going on. We're now based in Edinburgh and our flat is in Aberdeen so our solicitors are doing our viewings.

With the state of the oil at the moment we feel we're in for the long slog... hopefully we'll be wrong though!
    Total debt at LBM = £4861.03

DFBXmas2018 #91 - £3342 / £3500 (95.4%)

HTB ISA - £0 withdrawn for house purchase! :D
    Wedding Fund £2550 / £5000
  • We've had our house on the market since July (2 bed end terrace cottage)! We've had 4 viewers in that time, majority have said it's too small which is understandable as it is. We've already reduced the price to what we originally paid for it, and now I'm wondering whether we should reduce again?
    The decoration is all neutral, it's had brand new flooring put in, has a drive and a fairly large garden, so I can't understand why noone's interested!
    It's got plenty of character and is very cosy which is what drew us to it in the first place.

Feeling so unmotivated, it feels like we're never going to sell! :mad:
    House for sale month: 4 :eek:
  • EA rang last night as we were meant to have a viewing booked Saturday just gone and it was a no show, apparently they did turn up but as they didn't see a sign couldn't find the house!!! It was quite windy in the afternoon and the sign had dropped off but we had propped the sign up. We are a terrace house so the sign fixes to the house. Surely though they had the address, it doesn't take much to look at numbers!!
  • Retrievermomma I know how you feel we are a 2 bed terrace as well, although our issue is we don't have a drive.
  • Hi all, it does seem strange that we aren't getting the 'back to school rush' this year. We haven't had any viewing requests in 10 days or more and they were coming in rather fast before that, we're still listed as the most clicked on property in our price range in our area on Zoopla though - strange?

Thanks PN! I read your post in the 'Waiting to Exchange' thread and am so happy for you - I don't feel I can join you as yet as it doesn't seem real... one week in and we're not marked as 'for sale' as according to the estate agent they are waiting on my buyers solicitors details (so I am constantly worried that no rush = they are going to pull out!)

On a nicer note we have built up a nice relationship with our seller, including another viewing with a few glasses of vino on Sunday - which is nice. Its good that we can keep in touch without relying on EAs and solicitors - especially as her EA told her today that the reason she hasn't had any paperwork is that they are waiting on my solicitors details... Nope you got them from me last Tuesday via email (and replied to say thanks too!) ;)

Sending lucky viewing vibes to all! x
  • Hi all, it does seem strange that we aren't getting the 'back to school rush' this year. We haven't had any viewing requests in 10 days or more and they were coming in rather fast before that, we're still listed as the most clicked on property in our price range in our area on Zoopla though - strange?

We are the same, our click rate is 'well above average' but its not making any difference!

That being said, we have just had our EA call and book 2 more viewings, so fingers crossed! :A
  • RavenQueen wrote: »
    Retrievermomma I know how you feel we are a 2 bed terrace as well, although our issue is we don't have a drive.

Well we were very lucky to find ours, and we thought that other people would think the same - apparently not :undecided
  • We have taken ours off the market for 14 days.
  • Sue_S
    Sue_S Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We have taken ours off the market for 14 days.

Is that so you'll go to the top of the listings? Good idea!
  • That's nearly 3 weeks on the market now and not a peep of interest, not even seen any of the usual "drive bys" you get when you are selling a house, quite demoralising.

The market in this area is dead though and viewers are few and far between for most properties. Not sure whether we should take the price down slightly or just leave as is and give it some more time then withdraw and just spend some money on it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback