Sentinel (AI Scheme) compensation help guide

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• My father has received his card security product compensation claim form. He doesn't remember taking out the product, but assumes he must have. He doesn't know if his cover was for £5000 or £100000. Is this important in relation to section B of claim form? I.E could it affect his claim?
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am wondering about the earlier years. We had a Barclaycard from the early 1970's, and feel sure we had this cover for much of the time, from Sentinel, which we have sent off the claim form. Will the Sentinel one go back to our original time of taking it out?
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • trainor wrote: »
    My father has received his card security product compensation claim form. He doesn't remember taking out the product, but assumes he must have. He doesn't know if his cover was for £5000 or £100000. Is this important in relation to section B of claim form? I.E could it affect his claim?

Hubby received a letter too, he isn't sure either what he was covered for. Does he write on the form that it was either the £5000 or £100000 or has he got to be specific?
  • Same theme of which of the £5000/£100,000 templates applies to my case - I'm filling the form out for my mother and already know that she remembers vaguely having the product in the first place. Any guidance appreciated!
  • As above, I have no recollection of having the product, on which card and for how much. I am unsure how to complete the claim form.
  • donny-gal wrote: »
    I am wondering about the earlier years. We had a Barclaycard from the early 1970's, and feel sure we had this cover for much of the time, from Sentinel, which we have sent off the claim form. Will the Sentinel one go back to our original time of taking it out?

I had Sentinel on my Barclaycard from 1987. I've completed the forms from Sentinel for 2005 onwards. I then contacted BC via their web site, I sent it via the complaints system and simply stated I was claiming from Sentinel but wanted to claim against Barclays for the years prior to that. I have just received a letter from them offering me nearly £900 after tax It was easy and obviously worth pursuing.

Cheers
    Pat
  • What happens if you have had Sentinel for many years but don't know who sold it to you? A I Scheme don't have the record and Sentinel have said the package I have is Afinion House Gold Plus, but no one knows who sold it to me!!
    From what I can gather if you were not sold this product through a scheme member then you can't get the compensation. Is this the case?
  • Ian73
    Ian73 Posts: 194
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,
    Asking the same question of which amount to put down on the claim form
  • Did you get any answer to this? I've no idea which cover I had as can't remember even having it, but received a letter!
  • My husband phoned AL Scheme Limited and he was informed that he had taken out a card protection product from December 1999 until May 2008. Protection for 100,000 pounds at the RBS. We have received 110 pounds so far from 2005_2008.
    We have written to RBS for the years before 2005. Keep our fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure