PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Options

Comments

• Mr_da
    Mr_da Posts: 122 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cinders: wrote: »
    EA just called back, the buyers have upped their offer, and we have accepted! I'm thinking that a glass of champagne is in order tonight...or maybe it would be best to wait until completion, as nothing ever runs completely smoothly with us, and am already expecting hiccups along the way.
    Congratulations cinders 😊
  • Mr_da
    Mr_da Posts: 122 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My original buyer called around the other day, now renting a few doors down , to say she would still like to buy my place but would rarther not go through the estate agents. I've looked into it and there's no chance we can get away with it. But we've agreed a fee so fingers crossed it works out this time.
    Also debating putting in an offer on a property tomorrow which has been on the market for 18 months, (nothing moving to quickly around here) reduced from £175,000 to £169,000 a few months ago , just what to offer is the question now
  • kieron79
    kieron79 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    10 viewings in now and two offers in 19 days, first was full asking price from 1st person to view but chain fell apart almost immediately. had a close to asking price but needed a little more so they came back at weekend to view again with parents.EA tried to contact a few times today but nothing. they were super keen and raised their offer three times but can't help feeling their parents have put them off. so frustrating not knowing, a phone call just to say yay or nay is all that's needed!
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mr_da wrote: »
    My original buyer called around the other day, now renting a few doors down , to say she would still like to buy my place but would rarther not go through the estate agents. I've looked into it and there's no chance we can get away with it. But we've agreed a fee so fingers crossed it works out this time.
    Also debating putting in an offer on a property tomorrow which has been on the market for 18 months, (nothing moving to quickly around here) reduced from £175,000 to £169,000 a few months ago , just what to offer is the question now

150k.....?
  • Cinders:
    Cinders: Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cinders BRAVO and CONGRATULATIONS!

Lovem GOOD LUCK.

Golly I don't take much notice of those "price qualifiers".

Had an offer. Too low.

Thank you very much, am on my second celebratory glass of fizz so spelling going straight out of the window! Hopefully your potential buyers will up their offer.

I am absolutely hating this house selling/buying process so much, I just told my better half that I'm never moving again after this. I'm going to have to be carried out of my next home either in a body bag, or a straight jacket!

Amateur - You sound like you're not really into the house, and it's just a stepping stone. I understand about not wanting to wait too long to buy, but with SDLT and fees it might be better to hold off for a few more months, and something better will probably come along? But who knows - it there a fast turnover of houses in the area you're looking at?
    SPC # 115 :p
  • Cinders:
    Options
    Mr_da wrote: »
    Congratulations cinders 😊

Thank you very much. Good luck with your offer, I hope it's accepted :j
  • amateur_house
    Options
    Cinders: wrote: »
    Thank you very much, am on my second celebratory glass of fizz so spelling going straight out of the window! Hopefully your potential buyers will up their offer.

I am absolutely hating this house selling/buying process so much, I just told my better half that I'm never moving again after this. I'm going to have to be carried out of my next home either in a body bag, or a straight jacket!

Amateur - You sound like you're not really into the house, and it's just a stepping stone. I understand about not wanting to wait too long to buy, but with SDLT and fees it might be better to hold off for a few more months, and something better will probably come along? But who knows - it there a fast turnover of houses in the area you're looking at?

It is a stressful business :(
    Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

I have been looking for around 18 months, but my budget doesn't stretch very far (up £95k maximum). The area I hope to move to is cheaper than where I live now, and things do take longer to sell. I know what you mean about waiting to see if more houses come on, that may be my only option.
  • Cinders:
    Options
    It is a stressful business :(
    Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

I have been looking for around 18 months, but my budget doesn't stretch very far (up £95k maximum). The area I hope to move to is cheaper than where I live now, and things do take longer to sell. I know what you mean about waiting to see if more houses come on, that may be my only option.

It's so tricky knowing what to do for the best. Fingers crossed for whichever direction you go in:)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I think they will come back.
  • hmd1987
    hmd1987 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well we have switched to our 3rd estate agent.....went up last Saturday and we have a viewing this Saturday. Keeping everything crossed, we've dropped the price again and really can't afford to take much lower, maybe 1 or 2k under the price but thats it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback