Separated, how much should I provide?

Options

Comments

• Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you Jack.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you for an update. As predicted. Happy for you. Re your daughter - tricky situation as cut in support will be associated with the new woman in your life and wedding. As she is on a final year may be worse not upsetting the cart. I am sure you will find the right way , wishing you all the happiness in your life.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That is wonderful news Jack.

I am so happy for you.

I always believed that there would be a breakthrough sometime.

You have to be admired for your patience and kindness to you children.

You are a wonderful dad.

Happy New Year

Take care
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So very pleased for you.
    Something is leaking from my eye.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • CruisingSaver
    Options
    I'm so pleased to read your update Jack. Here's to a fabulous 2017 for you and yours :beer:
  • supersaver2
    Options
    Glad you've had a response but gobsmacked you've heard nothing for 3 years, never a thank you for Birthday/Christmas money?! Unbelievably rude, your a very patient man Jack.
  • twiglet98
    twiglet98 Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's good that at last your son - who is a man, not a child - has remembered his manners and thanked you for his gift.

His 21st birthday is next month. He will know, from his sister if not from you, that you are planning to remarry. I hope you are not about to be a target for a timely piece of emotional manipulation.

Your daughter and son are no longer children, they are making their own decisions and are wholly responsible for their own behaviour, and their manners. Love and respect can NEVER be bought.
  • msb5262
    msb5262 Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Very pleased to hear that your son has been in touch in a positive and mature way. Keep doing what you are doing - you are his dad and you love him, and he does know that ��
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year !
    Nice to start 2017 with a 'good news' story, and thanks for keeping us updated.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Lunar_Eclipse
    Lunar_Eclipse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    Options
    Delighted that you have heard from your son and life seems to be treating you well. Much deserved.

Bit surprised you are planning to remarry though. Would love to understand why. I know it's a "very normal thing to do", I'm just surprised that you still see any reason/benefit to the legal formality given your experience. I'm happily married, but still don't really know why we actually got married (I wanted it, prior to having kids and very much love my husband) and definitely think that once is at least enough, regardless of the marriage outcome ... so curious.

Blessings for 2017 everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport