Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Day 5 of my 10000 steps a day health kick. I lost 3.5 stone in 2013 and managed to keep it off until a few months ago. Now I am 1.5 stones up and none of my clothes fit. Was yo yoing for months with a low carb meal replacement diet but my DD persuaded me its bad for my liver and so I am upping my exercise and from next week will be devising a low carb low cal diet to suit me. DD will help. She is 11 weeks post partum and back in her size 6 jeans and dresses. She went back to gym this week but is only going 2 or 3 times a week to tone up. I was going to rejoin but my shoulders are still playing up and after a scan a couple of weeks ago I am waiting to see the Dr for the way forward. The radiologist said there is a small tear in my rotator cuff muscle and some calcification in the other side. So think I will stick to walking. if I walk back and forth to work twice a day I can easily do 10000. I didnt realise there was a counter on my iphone. The weekend i worked on Ride London last month i did 23000 one day and 28000 the Sunday!! Quiet day sorting at home and I have told all my family including Mum dd and oh I am not available. I slept badly lst night again dont know why other than the shoulder pain. Have a nice day all
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :j:j

The power of local FB

A dear friend whose beloved husband passed away - has offered me his Bowls
    Love the fact they were loved & played by a good friend

:):)

That's so nice....
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Naebbirac wrote: »
    You need to pinch out the growing tips on the ends of the branches. This will encourage side shoots from the base of the leaves to grow and then they too will flower. They are also hungry plants due to the volume of flowers they produce so they need feeding. I feed mine twice a week with a tomato food or Miracle grow. A hungry plant will produce flowers but they will be a lot smaller and less brightly coloured. Hth :D

Afternoon all. Hope all are well. Flying visit from me as DH is taking me to Aldi soon. Still hobbling and unable to drive yet.:( Having physio now and they're planning to do acupuncture next week.

Ssm, love your ring. So glad that you finally got it, you've waited so long.
    DM enjoy your hols.

Hugs to those in need.
    N x
    Naebbirac thanks for the fuchsiatips.
    Hope the physio & acupuncture get you sorted.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    bcw123 wrote: »
    morning all has anyone ever mixed porridge oats in with mincemeat to make burgers if so any recipes

I have, not just for beef burgers but to bulk out the mince and make it go a tiny bit further. Sorry no recipe, my mother told me this tip years ago :D
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    DM you must have missed CBB last night :eek:

Have a great holiday, and just to let you know I'm taking great care with the new pans :cool: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• altojack
    A couple of pages behind again due to a trip to Lidl. Disappointment again today .

I went to get some Brie which was out if stock the other day, success today so bought a few packs.

Red onion & cheese baps at Lidl, none to be seen again and didn't look as though there was a space for them :eek:

Have Lidl stopped selling these, does anyone know please? :)

Popping out for a couple of hours, hope the weather stays dry :cool: see you all later xx

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    bcw123 wrote: »
    morning all has anyone ever mixed porridge oats in with mincemeat to make burgers if so any recipes
    altojack wrote: »
    I have, not just for beef burgers but to bulk out the mince and make it go a tiny bit further. Sorry no recipe, my mother told me this tip years ago :D

I have never heard of this before.

I have a chicken for today... so will make a casserole out of the left overs (just paying for veg about £2)

I was going to make a moussaka for tomorrow...but then realised I could make two evening meals with the fresh ingredients and cupboard... so lasagne and aubergines in tomato sauce (the only cost was £3 mince)

For lunches this week we have very cheap soup (thanks to the direction to Mr T yesterday) and I have made a bacon and egg pie... the bacon bits from Tescos are fab.. and some reduced ham (£1) so hopefully lunches for 4 people for the week = less than £5.

I will get control of the family budget again!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    altojack wrote: »
    DM you must have missed CBB last night :eek:

Have a great holiday, and just to let you know I'm taking great care with the new pans :cool: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I did miss it, and I think this is the first time I have travelled without my earphones. I never brought them as I never use them, but this time I could have watched it on catch up and it would have made this train journey easier, hey ho.
    You best be taking good care of them !!!!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Good afternoon all.

The Olympics have been on here night and day since it started, we have heard great commentary, pretty mediocre commentary, random talk, random information and time filling but the team covering the marathon have not stopped complaining about the "organisation" since it started. I know it is a long run but if they have nothing positive to say why don't they just shut up. Sorry :(
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Anyone from Hull here?
    I seem to remember there is a pound shop just opposite the train station, am I right? Just if there is, I'm going to nip over and buy some earphones. Not paying more than that as have loads of pairs at home. Tia
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family