PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Not only that, but when the fitters realised they needed to make a hole in the back of a cabinet for the washing machine cable to go through, they just bashed a hole in it with a hammer :eek:

Yikes :eek: fortunately I'll be installing the kitchen. Late last night in bed I was giving serious consideration to learning to drive an earthmover and build retaining walls:rotfl:

Speaking of driving, after 10 years here and not driving, I'm starting again. Supervised, a half hour at a time, but I think I'll get there. Pretty pleased with myself.

In Australia the biggest problem for kids is getting sunburned and being inadequately protected. Makes me :mad:, they're setting their kids up for skin cancer in the future when they're too young to be able to choose themselves.
    Yes pollyanna I do live in the North West. Across all of the threads there are lots of us from the NW and NE. Floss lives in Blackpool, Ginny knit in Manchester. Maybe we should have a meet up in the summer.

Anyone fancy a meet up end April/beginning of May? I can get to blackpool on a bus.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Softstuff
    Options
    I had same make as you monna not so big though but still managed a baby in the pram and a toddler on the pram seat. Was offered a Big coach built pram when I was expecting DD but had to decline. Could not see where I was going.

Up periscope? :D
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Softstuff wrote: »
    ...Anyone fancy a meet up end April/beginning of May? I can get to blackpool on a bus.

From down under? That'll be a long journey!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Softstuff
    edited 2 March 2016 at 10:36PM
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    From down under? That'll be a long journey!

:rotfl:
    Well, I'll fly back to my mothers, but bus it from there

Edited to add.. dread to think what that bus fare woukd be like.
    I'm in England 20th April to 6th May.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds great softstuff. We ought to spend some time indoors can be pretty cold in April/May in Blackpool. We ought to get planning then after all it is March already.

Used to think it was a long journey from Poland when DD was there (36 hours) How many days from Aus?
  • Softstuff
    Options
    Sounds great softstuff. We ought to spend some time indoors can be pretty cold in April/May in Blackpool. We ought to get planning then after all it is March already.

Used to think it was a long journey from Poland when DD was there (36 hours) How many days from Aus?

About the same. I've got good connections this time, which makes it pretty reasonable.

I'm looking forward to feeling cold for once!

What's fun and cheap to do indoors in Blackpool?
  • Softstuff
    Options
    Ooh ooh does the marks and spencers there have a cafe? I love their cream tea :o
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Of course it does. They do fancy afternoon teas now. I think they just started. Would be nice to have one of them. It includes scones and cream.

I don't think anything in Blackpool is cheap. We better ask floss.
  • Softstuff
    Options
    Of course it does. They do fancy afternoon teas now. I think they just started. Would be nice to have one of them. It includes scones and cream.

I don't think anything in Blackpool is cheap. We better ask floss.

Sounds good :beer:
  • mancbird
    mancbird Posts: 503 Forumite
    Options
    The airer has been bought and the first load of washing is nearly dry :) more rain and wild weather forecast tomorrow so won't be hanging washing outside!

Hubby has been watching YouTube videos about how to replace the thermostat but I'm actually thinking that we should make more of an effort to do without it. The airer I bought today has got a full load of washing on and only cost a fiver. I dread to think how much we spend on the tumble dryer normally!

Whilst out, I popped into the co-op nearby and hit it just in time for the whoopsies :) Got a big bag of bananas, kkwi fruits, grapes, a box of clementines, 8 yogurt pouches (my kids love these and there's over two weeks on the date) and a kashmiri butter chicken all very reduced. Everything except for the pizza (which was half price) was a quarter of the original price :money: I spent just over £9 but there was over £30 of groceries there.

I'm another Mancunian, but live down south now :) Spent many a weekend in Blackpool :)
    Mammy to 2 boys aged 5 and 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport