Trying to find the best budget guitar

2»

Comments

• Checkout Squire, Fender, or Yamaha. Also see boutique guitar builders. Sometimes you can get a good deal but you will need to look around. ( see mynewstips.com/entertainment/5-reasons-why-your-next-guitar-should-be-boutique ).

Good luck in your search!
  • koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    prowla wrote: »
    Anybody who says you can't play rock on a Strat has cloth ears!

Jimi Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore and Rory Gallagher didn't do too bad
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • koexelek wrote: »
    Jimi Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore and Rory Gallagher didn't do too bad

Iron Maiden and Motörhead didn't do too badly either.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Iron Maiden and Motörhead didn't do too badly either.

... and Robin Trower.
  • If you want to purchase guitar go to online music shop. There are different types of guitar are available at an affordable price.
  • If you want to purchase guitar go to online music shop. There are different types of guitar are available at an affordable price.

Bad advice, buying a first guitar online is a recipe for disaster, a high street music shop may not have lots of different brands and models but they will have the common ones, also you will get help and advice, you will be able to feel the guitars, even if you can't play, at least you will know what feels comfortable to hold, you will buy the guitar you like from the rack, meaning it will be set up and ready to go. If you buy online, you are buying what you think looks the coolest, may not be the right guitar for you though, it will be shipped from the store warehouse, unlikely to be set up properly as it will not have been touched since it left the factory somewhere in the far east where there is no guarantee it was set up properly in the first place. Any savings from buying online could quickly by having to take it to a guitar tech to get it playable.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure