EH - Keeping on track. (AKA focus Woman! FOCUS!)

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,708 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hooray!! :j :j :j bet that is indeed a nice feeling :j
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    It's a FAB feeling Cheery! :D

Well I think this is going to be a l-o-n-g week! Of the two people I work for the one who's half decent to work with is away on holiday for a fortnight leaving me with the one who shall be known as "Madam" (because she is one!). She's a nightmare basically - has a habit of forgetting that while she's legally trained I'm not, and so every time I ask her a question about anything I'm not sure of says in a patronising tone "It's really very simple, just use your common sense..." :mad: I shouldn't be massively surprised - MrEH used to work in the same firm as her years ago and she's always struggled to keep secretaries in the past - I reckon I must be setting some sort of record now having been here for 6 years. She's just got NO idea how to deal with staff at all and makes a habit of generally being rude to everyone she speaks to. :eek: Anyway so far I've not murdered her - I'm taking this as a win - and in another 1 hour 52 minutes I'll be half way through my week. :T

Just cashed out £25.20 on TCB - that'll be heading over to my bank account in the next few days so I need to remember to transfer it over to the VSP account. Also just achieved 45p in survey earnings on OnePoll...I'm just past half way to cashout and once again at the point of saying I'll close the account once I reach it this time...! :rotfl: It really is like pulling teeth on there!

We were down in Devon in MrEH's hometown for the weekend - their annual food festival and great fun it was too. Fairly spendy (inevitably) but all budgeted for. Away overnight this weekend too - :beer: Still no idea if I'll get to see my friend while we're there or not - I'll touch base with him later this week and see how he's fixed.

Food stuff is all going as planned this week - goat curry last night and mutton stew tonight. To MrEH's disgust though the stew will be without Dumplings as I've not got any Self Raising flour and I'm not going to the supermarket again this week just for that. I'll do quick flatbreads to go with it - I've got plenty of plain flour and some plain yogurt that needs using, too.

Also got a phone number of a chap who fits windows from my pal last night - she says he's very good and he's got all the right accreditation so we may be able to use him to sort out the windows that need it in the flat. I'll give him a call in the next few days and see if he can come round and quote.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Anyway so far I've not murdered her - I'm taking this as a win - and in another 1 hour 52 minutes I'll be half way through my week. :T

*snort* - you always find the silver lining in any situation EH :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T:T
    To MrEH's disgust though the stew will be without Dumplings as I've not got any Self Raising flour and I'm not going to the supermarket again this week just for that. I'll do quick flatbreads to go with it - I've got plenty of plain flour and some plain yogurt that needs using, too.

And I'm assuming (good cook that you are) you know about adding baking powder to plain flour to make dumplings, but perhaps haven't got any? I never keep SR in the house (a la Nigella - she brags...... :rotfl::rotfl:) so just use plain flour and baking powder or bicarb or, very very occasionally cream of tartar if I've had it in for scones (v. rare).

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    *snort* - you always find the silver lining in any situation EH :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T:T

And I'm assuming (good cook that you are) you know about adding baking powder to plain flour to make dumplings, but perhaps haven't got any? I never keep SR in the house (a la Nigella - she brags...... :rotfl::rotfl:) so just use plain flour and baking powder or bicarb or, very very occasionally cream of tartar if I've had it in for scones (v. rare).

Greying X

I do, but I couldn't be bothered... :D The flatbreads are currently a real favourite of mine - I might have bought the plain yogurt with them specifically in mind, in fact... :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • 40 hours of 56 crossed through...by lunchtime I'll be into the 30's...that has to be good, right?! :rotfl: Oh well - this time tomorrow I'll be reflecting on a nice Friday of pleasing myself... (And today's entertainment is a big heap of boxes which she's decided on the spur of the moment to send to the other office - they weren't aware of them, don't have space, and are now threatening to send them back... :D It's like tennis sometimes, I tell you!)

Hospital visiting duties for great Auntie D tonight - she fell last week and is in there for the foreseeable by the sounds of it with what would be a minor fracture in someone 20 years younger, but at 88, is more of an issue... Apparently according to Mum she's "a bit touchy" - so that might be a very short visit! :o She can be as rude and unpleasant as she likes but I don't have to tolerate it! As a result I've re-jigged the meal plan round so tonight's food will be pasta. Now the meal plan says "With 'shrooms and bacon" - the 'Shroom bit is fine (obviously - when did I not have 'shrooms in?) but the bacon is a mystery to me - clearly I thought I had some but the freezer has swallowed it. It'll be with chicken instead though which is fine, and still ticks the "using stuff up from the freezer" thing.

Need to remember to get the box of frozen Merguez Chickpeas out tonight as my dinner tomorrow will be a buddha bowl - may also drag out the 2 remaining flour tortillas so I can do something with those at lunchtime on Friday...probably some sort of Quesadilla - definite winter comfort food there! :T

Credit card money shuffle got done on Monday night and, as I suspected, we've slipped a bit more than ideal into the habit of "just putting stuff on the CC" that really ought to be dealt with from our own cash. There is only so much in the joint fun account each month, and this last period has gone waaaaay over that! :o Time to get back on track again I think! :money: I'm edging ever closer to a new diary I think...it feels like the right point for it now.
    she/her
  • We do like a new diary don't we - I'm thinking of one myself :)

x
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • I'm edging ever closer to a new diary I think...it feels like the right point for it now.
    We do like a new diary don't we - I'm thinking of one myself :)

x

Must be summat in the water - I've said that too today.............. ;)

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Ha, I've been thinking of one too but think I'm going to hold out for a mortgage free wanabee one when we move :D

Poor Great Auntie D. Hope the visit is tolerable. Is she always touchy or is she just grumpy at being in pain and in hospital? Hope it's ok
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,532 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ack! New diaries EH & Pips & GP & Cheery?!?!?

EH - I've only just 'found' you
    Pips - will you still be having virtual kitchen parties?
    GP - has the thought of fame put you off?
    Cheery - is the move soon then?

:)

xox RT
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Er, not that soon, don't hold your breath :rotfl: we have a plan but not sharing for fear i may go mad again if we don't make! "2017" is as precise as I'm willing to be :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure