Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Comments

• cats2012
    cats2012 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Penguingirl do keep an open mind about December. This last couple of weeks my body has really started to feel the difference and running has gone from easy to really quite hard. You also need proper bump support once you have one. I had a 10k booked for end of this month but I already know it won't be a good idea.

Just see what your body tells you :-)
    Officially Mrs B as of March 2013
    TTC since Apr 2015, baby B born March 2017
  • april87
    april87 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ah Penguin, Faerie, I feel where you are coming from. I'm still trying to carrying on with weight training, but there has been a few sessions where I have felt awful, lightheadness/faintness etc. I am having to tell my trainer this weekend, as its starting to impact on my training and well my goal of getting lean has to change. I wanted to leave it a bit longer to tell her, but I feel that I can't keep up the pretence for too long.

Penguin, I'm the same, trying to hold off telling my boss, just to be on the safe side but yesterday I there was a moment I felt absolutely awful, so nauseated. I just needed to get out, which is easy enough to do in my office. No signs of throwing up yet, so fingers crossed.

I've maybe told 3 people, but only those who I am super close with and will see a fair bit between now and well when we would maybe tell folks. I'm trying my hardest to keep quiet, but I am awful at keeping my own secrets as it is :rotfl:
  • I told my supervisor today as just before we were due to meet I thought I might throw up. She was so lovely about it. She's on leave for a couple of weeks, but I will tell head of department next week who I'm also sure will be great. Not planning on telling anyone else. Realised I was stressing about making an excuse for midwife appointment, and decided it wasn't worth it. Was very clear with supervisor that I don't want anyone else to know. We had a talk about the risk side of my job, and talked about my options which was good and are currently going down the route of just being a bit more cautious without making a fuss. So I'm feeling much better about it all.

I just asked OH if I can book a 10k for February (my favourite race) and was told no, lol. So we agreed I can do it in 2018! In all seriousness I will be sensible with my running and be open to the idea of not doing the December race (waddle).
  • Faerie
    Faerie Posts: 206 Forumite
    Penguin, I'm glad telling work wasn't as stressful as you expected. I've emailed my manager the news but I have no idea who he is! We have been without proper management for months and although he is supposed to be our interim manager, we never see him. I am off for 2 weeks now and have my scan next week(!) so thought he'd better know... whoever he is. Plus I've had a few problems with him rearranging shifts despite my flexible working agreement and ignoring my phonecalls, grr! I thought by putting it in writing, he won't be able to ignore me. We'll see!

I found the baby's heartbeat today :) It feels real now, all the nausea is because there is an actual baby in there! The nausea is still pretty constant but the sickness has slowed significantly. Although, I was sick last night whilst watching Fear the walking dead, the zombies were making a groaning/retching noise and they set me off.:rotfl: My husband was pretty disgusted!
  • april87
    Faerie was that a doppler at home you were suing to find the HB?

Well I am absolutely exhausted! No morning sickness as of yet, just a bit of nausea here and there. I feel as if I'm constantly ready to sleep. The gym has been pretty much a no go for me the past few days, I just don't have the energy. Told my trainer at the weekend, which went well. I am being switched over to the other sister who have experience/expertise in pre/post natal fitness & nutrition. I'm hoping that I can drag myself to the gym this evening, even if its for a short while in hope that I may feel slightly more awake then I do now.

Hopefully the sickness will pass fairly quickly Faerie.
  • PenguinGirl, has long have you been with your current employer?
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    penguingirl, I would definitely keep up running if you can. As long as you're used to the cardio it will do you SO much good to keep fit. I gave up running a while before I fell pregnant and really regretted it as I didn't feel comfortable starting from scratch again while expecting. I increased swimming instead and found it really beneficial, but as long as you're eating well, drinking plenty, MW is happy etc. I would do it for as long a you can, just maybe a gentler version of it as the weeks go on and bump starts to grow.
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2016 at 6:14PM
    PenguinGirl, has long have you been with your current employer?

A couple of years.

I told head of department yesterday and her response was 'I knew it'. She's going to look into some more flexible work options such as getting me a laptop to work from home as I am really struggling before lunch. Two colleagues (separately) guessed today. One caught me feeling sick eating dry crackers. The other asked as i wasn't going running tonight (usually go straight from work) and haven't been for a couple of weeks, plus drinking hot water at work as gone off everything else, and did before I knew I had caught. I actually feel much better a few people knowing as I feel incredibly supported. I work in quite a high pressure/ busy job so I was giving myself a tough time about not being 100%.

April, how many weeks are you? I am the same with tiredness, and I have never slept so much!

Faerie, hope the nausea passes soon! Any tips for it? I am obsessed with crackers.
  • penguingirl
    penguingirl Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Beckyy wrote: »
    penguingirl, I would definitely keep up running if you can. As long as you're used to the cardio it will do you SO much good to keep fit. I gave up running a while before I fell pregnant and really regretted it as I didn't feel comfortable starting from scratch again while expecting. I increased swimming instead and found it really beneficial, but as long as you're eating well, drinking plenty, MW is happy etc. I would do it for as long a you can, just maybe a gentler version of it as the weeks go on and bump starts to grow.

Thanks Beckyy. I'm definitely going to try when I have a little more energy/feel less nauseous. Managed to go out for walks at the weekend which I was pleased about. I've run for about 5 years and have done a couple of half marathons this year so I think my body could handle gentle running.
  • april87
    I'm a little over 6 weeks Penguin.

That'll be handy if you can have the option to work from home for a time. I'm glad their being really supportive. My OH has to tell his boss today as he will need to get time off to attend appointments etc so I'm hoping that goes down well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback