BudgetBrain.com: Free online budget planners to analayse your finances

Comments

• MAD_JACK
    MAD_JACK Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ditto Frazzbo! That's EXACTLY what has happened to me and I just can't be arsed to find all the figures to start all over again. Wonder why the column adding stopped after section two. Wonder why we can't get in with our correct passwords. I've even changed to a new password to try and overcome this, but it's not accepting that one either. AAAaaaarrrrggh........:mad:
  • frazzbo
    frazzbo Posts: 146 Forumite
    I am going to try the Excel version instead.....hopefully more chance of that one working correctly!
  • pjaj
    pjaj Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think that one problem with the planner is that, since I pay for most things with a credit card, which I then pay in full once a month, many of the fields have to be zero. Since the card repayment can vary widely, what figure should I use? Even adding up a years bills doesn't help much as there's considerable year-on-year variation, not always upwards.
    Nevertheless, it shows I'm just on the right side of sanity, which I suspected from my own bank account spreadsheets covering the past 8 years.
    Sent from my abacus.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    pjaj wrote: »
    I think that one problem with the planner is that, since I pay for most things with a credit card, which I then pay in full once a month, many of the fields have to be zero..

Why?
    I'd totally ignore the fact that it's on a credit card, and simply enter the numbers for the individual costs.
    The fact that you're paying a month later for your stuff doesn't affect the budget.
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    The big button, and the spinny letters, and ... are fun the first 0-1 times.
    If you're fiddling with it, then the tenth time is really annoying.
  • The budget is good but has no way of putting in addtional debt payments??
  • jojorose
    jojorose Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Newly single, remortgaged (down to you also) and really really worried I could not manage. I sat down did the budget, told the truth and it really worked well. So well I may even save!

I cant tell you how helpful it was breaking it down to such a degree. Ive always kept a tally of sorts but never to this extent and its made me feel so much more able to move on and survive also to prepare for those bigger expenditures. Havent done that before.

Jo
    For some people enough will never be reached.
  • I'm finding it's working very well, and I have been able to go back and edit my budget when I got more accurate figures. Thanks very much to MSE Tech People.:T

However, it is kind of terrifying seeing it all laid out like that. Which I guess is the point! :D
    challenges : AFD : SNC :
    Ebay/ Amazon : £29 + £6 +
  • Also, the detailed breakdown charts at the end are excellent.
    challenges : AFD : SNC :
    Ebay/ Amazon : £29 + £6 +
  • Hello I am having difficulty accessing this tool (similar to otherusers). I have attempted accessing it by copying the url into my browser (IE8) Windows 7 starter on the asus 1101 pt and nothing happens. I have tried accessing by clicking on the button in the article about budgeting but nothing happens. I would really like to use this tool as people talk highly of it. I am now trying the money advisory one on a different site, but would prefer to use this one.

If anyone has any advice on how to get it, please advise. I don't have any applications yet - will download opensource later - so may try the spreadsheet version, but would prefer online version right now.

I have approx 20k debt and need to work out a plan pdq.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure