Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• Diabolical fits them perfectly

We were caught out with this company as well. Free call out, labour and parts, reliable and professional etc. Sounds great doesn’t it? Until you make a claim. That’s when you find out none of this is true and your so called cover is worthless! They don’t fix anything unless you contribute to the repair. So what’s happened to the boiler cover exactly, you might ask? Well, they have this trick of boosting up the price of the parts and then say the boiler is beyond economical repair. They told me the parts would cost £940. Nearly the price of a new boiler? Remember you are supposed to be covered up to £1,000 per call out. Google the parts yourself and it’s a fraction of that!. In reality you find not all the parts quoted are even used due to mis-diagnosis and like the other guy we got stung for £200 as well. This is on top of the monthly payments ofcourse. Their complaints department is also a sham and needless to say, they don’t even follow their own complaints procedure. Go to Trust Pilot reviews of 24/7 Home Rescue and filter by stars. Select one star to get the real picture. Allow a bit of time ‘cause you’ll be there for quite a while reading other people’s disaster stories. Even their replies to the reviews are condescending! Better off finding somebody locally. Or if your prepared to pay for proper cover:- British Gas or Homeserve!!!
  • You've got it in one with this outfit. As advised by Citizen's Advice my case is presently with the Ombudsman and if no joy I'll take it to a small claims court.
  • Have had possibly the worst service I have ever had from a company.
    1. MASSIVE hassle getting you guys to actually book and attend an appointment:
    First appointment cancelled the day before - apparently an "emergency callout" and we would be contacted to rearrange. No one contacted us. I contacted 3 times after failed call backs and was given the number of the engineer to call myself. After several times of the number not being answered or returned, finally they answered and said they no longer service our area (therefore the 'emergency callout' to me sounds like a lie). I then had to make 2 further calls before finally we got a call back from the company who did finally attend

2. my wife (who was in during the call) reported the engineer to be grumpy, unhelpful and unfriendly throughout the visit. It was the end of the day and it seemed like he was certainly not up for going the extra mm let alone mile for his customer. He also complained that the water tank was in the loft (there is easy access with a pull down ladder). In her words "not someone I would invite back into our house".

3. He refused to carry out the boiler service, Your engineer believes there are issues with the installation of the boiler. This has not been raised by the 2 other engineers who have serviced the boiler since its installation 3 years ago.

4. I have now paid for the annual boiler service, have had nothing but hassle to date and no actual service, and now am having nothing but hassle with your complaints team. After initially only offering me a partial refund (due by today according to their 10 working days in the email), they now refuse to return my emails or calls. I have called to put in a complaint about the complaints department and the person on the phone refuses to put me through to a manager. Promises to call me back go unanswered. This is an utter shambles from start to finish.
  • Is there anything anyone at MSE can do to help? The service we and many others have had and the way we have all been treated is nothing short of criminal - they refuse to deal with complaints, never return calls, break their terms and conditions and outright lie and are extremely rude on the phones, even giving false names - they appear to be a total scam and it needs sorting out. We have drafted our own letters to Trading Standards and Citizens Advice are helping us out with this, but 24/7 Home Rescue cannot and should not be allowed to continue operating in this manner.
  • A truly awful company. I could list the whole entire, horrible episode, but this will give you a flavour:

Turned up without notice. As we were going out and the two men had never heard of 24/7 (and were from a different company) we didn't let them in. We got charged £75 for this failed visit, on top of the original £75 excess.

After lots of effort to get it sorted, they turned up and said they don't do lofts, and had no ladder. Refused to use our own ladder, so company wanted us to pay £65 for them to hire a ladder.

This despite being on a £0 excess policy!

Unbelievable.
  • Nicolaki566
    Nicolaki566 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 December 2016 at 5:41PM
    24/7 home rescue, this company is making the same mistake time and time again by reading previous reviews. What a joke!!

I had an issue with a small leak in my boiler, which is approx 15 years old, the engineer came out to the property and replaced a set of O rings, an independent engineer, who arrived in an unmarked vehicle.

Throughout the time in my property he swore several times, and informed me how much of a pain the job was. After he tried to leave twice with water still running out of my boiler, everything appeared to be in order. He advised me that I would have to call the company if there were any further issues and he would return, however he did not wish to return as he hated working on my boiler, and he would be avoiding my address when he saw it appeared on the system.

The engineer had to leave to go to the next job.

Following his departure, I immediately notified the company that my hot water had stopped working since he left.

I was informed that someone would get back to me within an unspecified timescale (the company refused to give me a time scale stating they were busy)

After over 8 days, and approximately 7 phone calls, I was informed that a manager would call me back the following day......no phone call. I chased them up at the end of the day to be informed that it was his day off, and promised a call back the next day.

still no phone call.....I chased him up to be informed that the boiler is beyond economical repair, a recurring theme so it appears, and they will not be returning, despite me paying £75 for the engineer to fix my boiler, which he did not apparently manage to do!! I found this statement quite peculiar seems that I asked them if they knew what the issue with it was, and after trying to change the subject on several occasions, they informed me that they did not..

some of the information on the report containing statements I apparently made were clearly inaccurate

Nearly all of the staff were rude and abrupt, and appeared to be disinterested in my custom. All spoke over me on nearly every phone call and seemed unable to answer any of my queries. I was even accused of lying at one point and changing my story.....

I of course called to cancel to my policy, to be told that I would have to go and find my account number and call back as they were unable to process my cancellation without it, obviously ridiculous, which I contested. After waiting on hold for a lifetime, I was advised that they will allow me to give me personal details in order to find my account "just this once" speaking to me like a child who had left my PE kit at home! FINALLY I managed to cancel the cover with this joke of a disorganisation, now having had hot water for over a week!! To my frustration, I discovered that they had taken a payment on the same day.....I called them back AGAIN to be advised that a manager would have to authorise the refund. AGAIN no phone call, which I chased up, to finally receive my refund for the month.

Since the engineer attended my property nearly 2 weeks ago now, I have been chasing the report or receipt for the work carried out....still to no avail.

Like the other customers, I will be reporting the facts to Watchdog, and Trading Standards, I urge others to do the same!
  • The worst customer service I have ever experienced! Very aggressive people on the phone if you dare to complain. These guys will take your money but heaven help you if you actually have an emergency at home, forget the "within 4 hours" claim on their website, forget 24 hours, maybe 48 hours if you are lucky and then they send some local guy who hasn't a clue what he's doing & isn't allowed to do too much anyway as they have to get permission from 247homerescue and then surprise, surprise, the problem you have is not covered! DREADFUL DREADFUL DREADFUL, I only hope if you're reading this you have not already given 247homerescue some money! If you have, join the queue of poor saps that did, NIGHTMARE!
  • delia
    delia Posts: 32
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I didn't read this thread before taking out boiler cover for my 80 year old Mum 2 weeks ago. "Relax! You've got cover" said the welcome pack. A woman called today and informed me that in fact, I do not have cover as my mum's boiler is floor standing "it's in the T&Cs," she said. Well no it isn't actually, because I read them. I was going to protest, but after reading this, I think I've had a lucky escape. They have already taken £14.95 which I was told will be refunded....
  • I totally agreed your comments about this company. It said they don't cover intermittent problem. In fact they don't cover any problems of your boiler. I thought if I paid £75 I will get my boiler repair but I was wrong. They asked me to pay £75 before they send out an engineer. However, this was a call-out charge only to identified your boiler problem and no repair whatsoever. You may have to find few hundred pounds more for the repair to take place. I was paying £13.23 monthly for 3 months for services for nothing plus extra month to cancel contract. My one was a Rolling Monthly Contract, if you have no claim then give 30 days notice to cancel the contract. Once the claim is completed then you are subjected to £120 cancellation fee. A rolling monthly contract has no end date. After 12 months it will roll on for another 12 months. They will not send out any reminder to you until you cancel. A money trap to catch anyone don't read the Terms 7 Conditions. I lost a total of £127.92 with this company plus £20 telephone bill. I have reported to CAB & Trading Standard.
    I also reported this company in Trustpilot. It has 9 pages of negative comments and more victims.
  • akkum
    akkum Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 24 October 2018 at 8:15AM
    Hi Guys,

I have lost a lot of money. When my boiler stopped working. Those guys came in and said it a big work as circuit is gone. So need to order that and come and will fix it. After couple of days they called me saying the charges are more than a valuation of boiler so cannot be covered. I mentioned could you please send me the detail what is fault. They mentioned this not in policy that i should tell you what is gone wrong in your boiler. I told you on phone but cannot send you in letter. They have been very rude as well.

Now I wanted to cancel the policy but they are saying you cannot cancel the policy as soon as you do any claim or service you have to stay until another 12 months form the date of service. They are also not regulated with Financial Conduct Authority. Apparently we cannot go to the Financial Ombudsman. Not sure what to do? I have made the formal complain to the company. But no reply. GET AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

if any of you know what to do in this situation? How can save my direct debit until may?

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure