Project Mortgage Neutral Begins

Options

Comments

• ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chocolate brownies are done, note to self-take the baking paper off sooner or it is a real pain! Lemon drizzle has just come out of the oven so will be covered in a few minutes. Everything is ready with an hour to go until I need to leave :D
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £400/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Hope you have a lovely time
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • ajmoney
    Options
    Does anyone else have their mortgage with N@tionwide and online banking with them? For some reason the mortgages aren't showing on the overview page and there is no option to transfer money to them in the way I normally do. I am not planning on making a payment today but do make a note of how much we owe each day and it is concerning that I can't, I hope it is a glitch and will be fine in a little while.
  • skinnylove
    Options
    ajmoney wrote: »
    Does anyone else have their mortgage with N@tionwide and online banking with them? For some reason the mortgages aren't showing on the overview page and there is no option to transfer money to them in the way I normally do. I am not planning on making a payment today but do make a note of how much we owe each day and it is concerning that I can't, I hope it is a glitch and will be fine in a little while.
    Hi

Yes our mortgage is also with Nationwide and has disappeared from online banking too. I imagine it's just a glitch and will sort itself out :)
    Outstanding Debt at 01/01/2020
    2.09% Mortgage - £93,851.54

#33 Emergency Fund Challenge - £5400/£5400
  • ajmoney
    Options
    skinnylove wrote: »
    Hi

Yes our mortgage is also with Nationwide and has disappeared from online banking too. I imagine it's just a glitch and will sort itself out :)

Thanks for your reply, it is more reassuring to know it is not just my account!
  • ajmoney
    Options
    I am working locally to home today which means I have an extra few days at home this week :j I have quite a few things I would like to achieve. Work is starting to get very busy and getting ahead will mean less stress and more organisation :D

Money wise we are ticking along nicely, I need to try and set a plan in motion to send the full £500 to my RS account each month when I open a new one next month. This will be what truly helps us on the way to our earlier dates for mortgage freedom.
  • ajmoney
    Options
    I signed up for a new challenge this morning, a 40 mile walk from Keswick to Barrow. I have no idea how long it will take us but I know that one of the guys walks very quickly so I need to get training. My exercise has been lacking of late so this will be what I need to get back into it. I need to make this happen and start putting exercise first again, it makes me happy so why not?
  • ajmoney
    Options
    This is my last full weekend at home for 3 weeks until my family come to stay so I want/need to sort the spare rooms out. The rooms themselves are very tidy with clean bedding but the cupboards in them need a bit of a sort out which shouldn't take too long. I would also like to get a bit of our music room sorted out but this is lower down the list of priorities and can be done the weekend before when we do the Christmas decs. Mr AJM is working most of tomorrow so I am going to make a start on the one cupboard I haven't touched at all, then it lessens the load for us both to tackle on Sunday.

I also need to book the different things we are doing that weekend and do my Christmas biscuit baking. First on the list however is finishing the Christmas shopping. I have my list and am heading into Edinburgh today to get what I can, the plan is the rest will be bought online tonight. I will have 3-4 hours there but hope not to need that long.

I want to enjoy the time they are here and not be exhausted from last minute panics. The good thing is it means all Christmas stuff will be done by the time they come so the last 2 weeks at work I can concentrate on clearing my desk and winding down operations.
  • ajmoney
    Options
    I tried to get some advice on Monday for starting to do some studying in my own time, the appointment was a complete wast of time apart from them telling me where to access free courses to see if anything interested me. The upside of this is I have had a look at the ones the OU do and have decided to do some of their financial ones, starting with Managing My Money. While most of it seems to covers things I think I know, it explains pensions etc too which I haven't really got a clue about it. I am looking forward to seeing what I can learn and then see where I go from there. I sometimes toy with the idea of training to work in the financial industry when I leave my current job so at least these courses may show me if this is something I really want to do.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great idea with the OU courses. Did the Bowen help? I have found it helpful in the past.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback