Is this legal ?

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A card ordered by a bank to be sent to a branch will probably be sent by internal post and has not been near a postman.
    I would imagine that the envelope would have been opened by staff so that they could log it somewhere and confirm that it had been collected.

If this is not to the OP 's liking then he should get his address changed and get the card sent there.
  • DebtMan2017
    DebtMan2017 Posts: 36 Forumite
    A card ordered by a bank to be sent to a branch will probably be sent by internal post and has not been near a postman.
    I would imagine that the envelope would have been opened by staff so that they could log it somewhere and confirm that it had been collected.

If this is not to the OP 's liking then he should get his address changed and get the card sent there.

They wouldnt change my address,hense it was their decision to sent it to branch.

Turns out the staff member has since been charged with a fraud not related to my case and expected to get 7-10 years.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    They wouldnt change my address,hense it was their decision to sent it to branch.

Turns out the staff member has since been charged with a fraud not related to my case and expected to get 7-10 years.

Also turns out a lot of things you read on the internet are complete bunkum.
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker

Surely there needs to be a conviction of fraud before you can speculate on what the sentence would be.

How did you find out that the staff member has been charged with fraud.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    My first company had a policy by which you could arrange for personal mail to be sent to you at work ; but they opened everything to make sure it wasn't illegal.

The OP doesn't say if the opened envelope had been through the Royal Mail or not ; but as it is the bank's property, they can do what they like with it. If they thought they were doing anything wrong, the branch staff could have easily sealed it into an internal envelope.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I'm curious to know which bank it was? reading the OP's post history surprised they could get an account at all
  • DebtMan2017
    DebtMan2017 Posts: 36 Forumite
    ceredigion wrote: »
    i'm curious to know which bank it was? Reading the op's post history surprised they could get an account at all

reported ....
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post

Are you just making things up for the hell of it now?

At 1:42pm you made post #1 and by 9:02pm the staff member had been arrested, charged and given a likely prison sentence?

That's unbelievably, miraculously, quick for the justice system (and you having superhuman powers to find information that wouldn't be in the public domain) or you are just telling porkies.

I wonder which is more likely...
    ====
  • d123 wrote: »
    Are you just making things up for the hell of it now?

At 1:42pm you made post #1 and by 9:02pm the staff member had been arrested, charged and given a likely prison sentence?

That's unbelievably, miraculously, quick for the justice system (and you having superhuman powers to find information that wouldn't be in the public domain) or you are just telling porkies.

I wonder which is more likely...

Because I made the post at 1.42pm today doesnt mean the envelope incident happened today.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Because I made the post at 1.42pm today doesnt mean the envelope incident happened today.

Yet at 1:42 you had no idea about the fraud and the staff member was working behind the bank counter at some stage fairly recently.

So somehow after 1:42 you found out that the person was arrested for fraud, the CPS agreed to prosecute the bank worker, the case went to trial and the person was convicted...

When did you pick the card up? In 2015?

And how did all this information come to you between 1:42 and 9pm?

Maybe in a dream while you had an after dinner nap?
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport