Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Sorry for your loss Gem-Gem xx

Well I'm just back from the US (business) but was there at the weekend which did mean a 'little' shopping. Prob stuff I didn't need (yes Mav another pair of capris are included) but the week before was totally carp and although I don't usually emotionally spend, I decided I didn't bl**dy care and was going to treat myself. Even bought a cardi in Hollister which I really liked (very much like one I have that I wear loads) - that prob with the exchange rate was no cheaper than here - except it means a) I have it and it doesn't become some epic hunt in the UK whilst kicking myself for not buying it when I could b) add in petrol, parking etc etc to my nearest store and it was prob a 'wise' decision if I was going to buy it.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• AliceBanned
    AliceBanned Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi, I've not joined any challenges before and decided I want to start as I get increasingly frugal. I have only spent £8 on clothes this year and would like to stuck to no more that £250 for 2016. I need some new running shoes so this needs to be paid for out of the £250 too. I think I can do it. I have enough to wear and my debtbusting is a priority so if my clothes are threadbare I don't care!:D
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Welcome Alice I have added you :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • AliceBanned
    AliceBanned Posts: 3,048 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks somarandom. I will subscribe to this thread. :)
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning all just a quick update to say I have not been tempted by anything :D Had a look round yesterday but nothing worth blowing the budget for.
    I am finding that the Charity shops have nothing worth buying in at the moment and I thought there would be a lot of nice stuff around with all the kondoing/decluttering going on a the moment.
    I am thinking the only thing I need is some nice plain T-shirts for the Summer (if we ever get one) but might try and make do with what I already have if I can.

Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• lala1974
    lala1974 Posts: 424 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2016 at 11:47AM
    Hi everyone! I've been AWOL from MSE for too long and need to get back on track - finances are slipping massively since I had to quit doing optional shifts for the sake of my own emotional health.

This means I'm bringing in less and spending the same resulting in £3000 on the CC and ending every month in my overdraft (which brings fees)!

It's March already and I have teenagers wanting an expensive item each for Christmas no doubt. They also need new school shoes and one needs a new mattress!

Can I join the challenge please? I will only buy stuff to replace stuff and will be honest on the forum about my spends. If I drop in to say I've seen a gorgeous pair of jeans will you tell me "BACK AWAY" from them?

Lala x
    :);) AF since 10.04.11 :):D
    "Feel the fear and do it anyway" - Susan Jeffers
  • So exam now finished and I am out of hibernation - not bought anything clothes wise at all. Still need trousers for work. Can't seem to find what I want in the shops so may look online, trouble is am not a fan of shopping for clothes, I find it a tiresome and actually quite boring. Is that weird?:question:

Have a good rest of the day all!

SIL
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Welcome Lala Yes I will tell you to back away from those jeans ;) Set your self a budget or you may decide to replace your whole wardrobe :rotfl:Which wont help pay the CC off ;) Then I am sure somerandom will add you on to the list.

Well after saying this morning there is nothing in the Chazzers I picked up a great bargain today.A pair of LK Bennett leather and suede boots almost new retail at £225 :eek: mine for £9.95.Not going to add them as they are not my size and are going up for sale :D sharpish :rotfl:

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• Clarey008
    Clarey008 Posts: 158 Forumite
    I am struggling a bit, haven't bought anything yet but very tempted by some tops in White Stuff. However, more of a want than a need.
    Mortgage Dec 2015 - £21545 Apr 2016 - £19930
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016 £79.98/£150
  • lala1974
    lala1974 Posts: 424 Forumite
    Ok, I'm going with £150 for the remainder of the year :)
    :);) AF since 10.04.11 :):D
    "Feel the fear and do it anyway" - Susan Jeffers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family