Credit Card Reclaiming Success Stories

Comments

• Barclaycard
    claimed £572.89 + MCOL costs =£652.89.July 2007

Court action stayed at Northampton, lifted on appeal, transferred to Plymouth Court, which was then again stayed on appeal a hearing date was given in Torquay for 8th November. Barclaycard wrote to me with an offer which included a gagging clause then paid amount into my bank account on 1st November.

After all that do you think I would have accepted anything less than the full amount claimed.????

To anyone else reading take it the full way if you can afford to wait it'll be worth it. A big :beer: :money:

Dave R
  • Provider: - Capital one
    Amount Reclaimed: - £210
    Amount they paid: - £80
    The story: I sent them one letter (after i had requested all my statements) within 2 days they had sent me an offer for £80 which i decided to accept.

Provider - Goldfish
    Amount reclaimed - £413
    Amount they paid £128
    The Story - It took me ages and ages to get statements as i had to prove who i was - so four months after i requested them they finally arrived (after a number of calls, letters to prove i was me!) Got a reply to my letter in 3 weeks offering £128 to which i decided to accept.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • steve157
    steve157 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Provider: Barclaycard

Amount Reclaimed: £795 charges + £187.51 interest + £80 court costs

Amount they paid: £795 charges + £187.51 interest + £80 Court costs

The story: Sent all the template letters from this site, filed on Mcol it went to Northampton court then got moved to my local court. After reading a post on this site i phoned Barclaycard litigation dept and they said i would here within 7 days. I phoned again today and spoke to the woman dealing with my case to see if they had looked at my case yet. She said she hadn't but would look at it now and she took my email address and about an hour later i recieved an email offering full charges plus interest and court costs :T .

My advice to anyone claiming against Barclaycard would be to call there litigation dept as the person i spoke to told that they are settling all claims.

Thanx to everyone on this site that have helped and a very big thank you to Martin :money: and his team.

Steve.
  • MBNA cc (wifes card)

Asked for £827 back
    1st goodwill gesture £321
    Sent LBA , 2nd goodwill gesture £500 , total £821 , close enough
    ;) Member of change Pip's name back to PIP club ;)

:jI've only blooming got my name on it :j
  • Hi,
    Capital1 credit card
    Claimed 1100 plus interest plus court court costs.
    Sent letters as per this site. Replies backwards and forwards saying naff off you are not getting anything.

Took them t court via mcol. Paid out in full last week. I have banked the cheque. Waiting for it to clear then will inform the court it is settled.

Thank you so much to everyone on MSE. I will be donating when the cq is cleared. Keep at it everyone. They do fold in the end. xxxxxxxxxx
    Night Owl Member No 1 :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Night owl member of the threesome. Rules are for fools to follow and wise men to be guided by
    No Man is worth your tears,
    And the one who is wont make you cry !!!!!
  • Provider: Natwest
    Amount Reclaimed: Unspecified

Amount they paid: £129.60
    The story:

I never even got as far as sending them the letter asking for a refund. I wrote asking for the total charges and they anticipated what was coming next and made me an offer. They have sent me a report showing I paid £300 in late payment/over limit charges between 2004 and 2006 and have offered me £129.60, which they say is the difference between the £20 I paid then and the current charge of £12.
    The letter asks me to sign for my acceptance of this offer and that it is in full and final settlement of all claims I have relating to their charges.

Since writing to them (and before receiving this today) I have also written to them requesting the total Card Protection Plan charges. I just hope their "full and final settlement " clause doesn't get used against me with that claim, as it is surely not a charge claim but a PPI claim.

In any case, this time I have been successful.
  • Took my £185 back from CapitalOne today via the MCOL route.

It only took one month. Well chuffed!
  • owen22
    owen22 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just got my refund confirmed!!

Provider: Barclaycard
    Amount Reclaimed: £700 + 8% (although I offered to settle at £720)
    Amount they paid: £720
    The story:

11/10
    Sent the letter off to Barclaycard recorded delivery requesting 6 years of charges.

22/10
    Barclaycard supllied 6 years of statements supplied so had to trawl through them. In their letter they also refuted that they were obliged to provide statements held on microfiche but had done it as a goodwill gesture. Do they want a medal? haha!

24/10
    Calculated they had charged me £700 (£910.64 inc. interest) and posted off a letter demanding they repay me this.

29/10
    They wrote back refusing to accept charges were unfair or unlawful but notified me that had credited my account by £256 + 8% interest ( the £12 a time charge they claimed the OFT had agreed they could charge, yeah right!). They suggested that if I was not happy with this I should inform the Ombudsman.

02/11
    I wrote back restating that I believed the charges were unfair/unlawful and would take them to court for the full £910.64 but offered to settle for £720-all-in as "a gesture of goodwill on my part". ;)

15/11 - Barclaycard credited my account with a further £464!

So in only a fraction over a month, 3 letters, a £10 postal order and 2 x recorded delivery charges I got back more than they initially charged me (less the full interest but hey, Xmas came early at my house!! :beer: )

Thanks to all on here for all the help and encouragement! :money:
    And I'll see you/ And you'll see me/ And I'll see you in the branches that blow/ In the breeze/ I'll see you in the trees/ Under the sycamore trees
  • Provider: Monument
    Amount reclaimed: £120 + 40 interest
    Amount given: £120

Wrote to monument to ask for all charges, they gave them free of charge as a good will gesture.

Wrote to them asking for the difference between charges and £12 - they wrote back to ne 4 days later offering me the money but without interest - they said they would credit to the account but since they are included in our IVA I have had to write and ask for a cheque so that we can pay onto the insolvency practitioner.
  • :T At Last!! On-Going since the 29th June after contacting the FOS. Requested £503.03. Successfully re-claimed £400 plus £33 interest and according to Cap 1 this included a previous refund of £80 which I'm sure I included in original figure, however I'm happy with that. Dont accept the lower figures Cap 1 offer and go straight to the FOS who although take a bit time get there in the end. Just have to be patient. Thanks to Martin again!
    So far: RBS £1600 reclaimed,£314 Lloyds TSB, Cap 1 £433.
    Next up: GE Money storecards, LLoyds Credit card and a stayed claim with RBS:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback