PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Comments

• Stay at home mum to a bouncing baby boy of almost 4 months. I'm 21, I can't work because I am too sick to do so. I usually spend my time on my laptop looking through the internet at frugal ways but it's one thing looking and another completely to start doing for me. Lol. I'm just starting out my life living away from my parents, with my fianc! so things seem hard and complicated right now.
    :heartpulsスイートピーお母さん。:heartpuls
  • hayden
    hayden Posts: 147 Forumite
    Hi -I'm a relative newbie -MSE for about a year then joined the forums a few weeks ago -saved some £ on bargains, got pc running again,some useful sites. Saved at least 2 posters some money with advice about a product. A number of friends now converts too. Should have done this before.

(also found out what 'trolls' are -not talking about large creatures under bridges either)

I'm a part-time dad with new devil kitten, money is tight but am fortunate not have any huge debts. Hello everyone
    may you live in interesting times
  • biscotte
    biscotte Posts: 246 Forumite
    Hello,

Wanting to introduce myself - I've hung around a while reading and posting mainly on the Slimming World thread but want to join in more over here (IYSWIM).
    I'm SAHM to 3 children, DH works in retail and I'm really looking to get more organised with running the house, getting the chores and stuff done and managing our food better. I'd also like to grow my own but we're in rented accommodation and I'm not sure how long we'll be here.
  • Hi I'm new too but I've read the forums for months and months. I'm a stay-at home mum (a primary teacher in a former life) and have a son aged 6.5 and a daughter with a variety of special needs aged 4.5. I'm an Assistant Scout Leader, co-run a church youth group and I'm on various community committees ....
    I need to spend less and declutter !!! ohhh and save money !!!!
  • Afternoon all,

Another lurker and very occasional poster here. I'm 52, living with a retired husband, 1 boy 1 girl both in their 20s but still at home. Daughter not working at the mo, son may loose his job soon due to company down sizing. OH's health is not good.

I am chronic asthmatic, have COPD, steroid induced diabetis and have just started cpap therapy for sleep apnia. that little lot has had me in hospital for a month and off work for the last 4+, also in danger of loosing my job, but hey if I'm not well enough.

Thoroughly enjoying the recipes and tips on this board.
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It matters not if you try and fail, and fail and try again;[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]But it matters much if you try and fail, and fail to try again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Stick to it by R B Stanfield
    [/FONT]
  • I've been lurking for a good few months now. I'm currently on mat leave. Both myself and my husband work for the NHS, I will be returning part-time in the next few weeks. DD is 4 and DS is now 7mths old.

We're in quite a bit of debt but fortunately have a small mortgage and creativity when it comes to dealing with monthly finances. I'm very OS by nature - I can remember my mum making meals out of virtually nothing so I'm very adaptable. DH is less so, but is getting there with a little more stick and less carrot so to speak.

Looking forward to joinng in
    Separated 17/06/10, now dealing with the fallout
    House sold and debt cleared 23rd May 2014. Now saving to get married!
    Current savings £0
  • jodie114
    jodie114 Posts: 417 Forumite
    About time i introduced myself, been reading madly for months so i should tell everyone about me. I'm 28, married with 1 5 year old. I am a SAHM partly because of my son, and partly because my health stops me working. We have debts but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel and i am just hoping its not a train heading straight for us!
    Ok, ok, i need to go back onto Weightwatchers, lost 7 stone..... 2 back on, this has to change.....Help!!!:eek:
  • mharzuk
    mharzuk Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    Snap! We have almost exactly the same here in Scotland.....
    Couldn't think of anything witty to say so just keeping the space until I can :(
    Stripper No 7 in HCSC :D
  • MrsMcK_2
    MrsMcK_2 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Hi, I'm 28 married and 2 DD's. Work as a nurse when I'm not at home.
    GC Spent - NGC £300 / £
    2 adults 3 children 1 dog
  • Icewytch
    Icewytch Posts: 134 Forumite
    I`m self employed working from home, tanning animal skins to make into rugs. :)
    I`m engaged to a man from Flanders who will be moving in with me next year (can`t wait :D) and have a grown son who lives with me too.
    I live in an isolated area...the isle of Sanday in Orkney, which has its drawbacks....fabulous scenery but no amenities, of course, and I`m envious of all the threads here about cheapest supermarkets when all I have are three tiny island shops that profiteer by the recession.
    I`m 46, 47 on Tuesday, and have Menieres disease which can make life...um..interesting. :o
    I live a fairly quiet and uneventful life, which I like. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure