How to cancel Experian membership?

I signed up to the month's free trial of this (intially ok, but everytime they emailed me to alert me to a new activity on my account, I could never log in to find out what it was - waste of time!) and today is the day to cancel.

Trouble is - I can't actually find out how to cancel it. Does anyone know if I have to email them to cancel, or if there is somewhere hidden on their site where I can do it.

Comments

• Dan2779
    Dan2779 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Hello

I had the same pproblem when I came to cancel mine in the end I emailed them CreditExpert <CustomerService@CreditExpert.co.uk> and requested to cancel, I received a response to say they had received my email and then a while later I got another email as confirmation of the cancellation

Thanks

Danielle
    Debt at Highest £3989.04 on 01/09/06:eek:
    Debt Free 15/04/07 :j

:cool: £2 Savings Cub - £96 (£50 banked)
  • Call them on 0800 656 9000 then select option 4.

I've not tried it but that's what it says to do on their site.

Good luck.
    Bank charges refund £158
    Total debts [strike]£3772[/strike]
    Debt free (except for mortgage) for since 2008 thanks to this site :D
  • dont bother trying to call them they never answer phone particularly if you press option 4 to try and cancel :mad:
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The phones are only open 9 till 5 Monday to Friday
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • CALL YOUR BANK AND CANCELL THE CARD YOUVE USED FOR REGISTERING.

I JUST CALLED MY BANK AND APPARENTLY EXPERIAN HAVE EVEN CHARGED ME FOR THE FREE TRIAL REGISTRATION £0.86

THIS WAS NOT MENTIONED IN EXPERIAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YET HERE WE GO,
    IT ISNT A BIG AMOUNT OF MONEY BUT DID GET ME WORRIED AS i AM NOW £0.44 OVERDRAWN AND THE £28.00 UNAUTHORISED OVERDRAFT CHARGE WILL BE ON ME

NO WAY I WILL DISPUTE THAT
    THIS EXPERIANS ARE DODGY!!!!!
  • ana_bondar wrote: »
    call your bank and cancell the card youve used for registering.

I just called my bank and apparently experian have even charged me for the free trial registration £0.86

this was not mentioned in experian terms and conditions, yet here we go,
    it isnt a big amount of money but did get me worried as i am now £0.44 overdrawn and the £28.00 unauthorised overdraft charge will be on me

no way i will dispute that
    this experians are dodgy!!!!!
    :t ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
  • EXPERIAN IS TOO BAD!!! :mad:
  • Hiya, i've used Experian a couple of times and you usually have to phone up to cancel your membership, they try to get you to stay on but fight your corner!! Good luck!
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • I registered for the free month, my credit score was 999, I believe the highest possible, then the month after they emailed me and quoted my credit reference to be 730 so I signed in for a look and was charged £5.50 for it to tell me that my credit rating was in actual fact 999. I have been receiving the same email every month and am now going to attept to cancel. Thanks to everyone for the information given.
  • Scared by forum members' comments, with trepidation I rang the new (5p a minute :cry:) 0844 481 0800 option 4 number to leave Experian, after checking my report was OK. Phone was answered immediately (11.00am Saturday) by a knowledgeable lass named Caroline:A.
    She quickly asked why I wanted to cancel and I explained I was just wanted to check my score as I'd had a mobile phone contract denied and it was implied this was due to my credit score/number of searches.
    She confirmed my score was fine but gave good advice about shedding unused credit cards to reduce unnecessary debit liability/exposure and also saw that I had two associated people on my file.
    Now one of these is my wife who (for better or worse) I am happy to be associated with. The other is my stepson who I guaranteed rent for when he was at university. That was years ago and he now has two perfectly good feet to stand on! Apparently associations stay on file for life unless removed so Caroline explained how to disassociate online and that it could be done within 14 days, but I needed to be an active member for them to do it.

As I am only into my 2nd day of 30 with them, she agreed that she would postpone cancellation of membership until I'd applied for disassociation.

This I've done so I will report later if it all goes smoothly and the cost is just the premium phone call charge!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure