Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I'll be doing that this evening Pyxis and was thinking the same - plus I have sunburn so it's basically guaranteed to get cold again :D
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hahahaha! Thank you duvet changers! Overcast and cooler? It is bright sunshine here and 28c. I clearly live in the wrong part of the UK!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had 26C the last couple of days and plan to change the duvet from medium "spring / autumn" to thin "summer" specification next time I launder the bed linen. It hasn't cooled that much overnight either, mid teens or so, but definitely dropped a few degrees today as there's no sun.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    I love that to pieces!!!
    "Swop a swine for a Swain!"

:T :T :T

What a coincidence! I have just read it!

Yes it's very good indeed!

Agreed, an excellent and well-balanced article.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Still really muggy here this afternoon. I think it has cooled down a bit outside but our building is old and v poorly insulated so once it's soaked up the heat it gets unbearable.

I am genuinely excited about putting the summer duvet on - how sad is that?! I meant to do it last week and only realised I'd forgotten when I got to bed and was too hot :rotfl:. Seemed a lot of effort to remake it so have been too hot all week waiting for bed-changing day!
  • Solarjunkie
    Solarjunkie Posts: 385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We took the duvet plunge last night - gone from 13.5 tog to 9.5. My close friend who sleeps under a 4 tog in the winter and a sheet in the summer cannot believe it! Bless her, she provided me with 2 duvets when I visited, which I folded double, added a dressing gown and a hot water bottle and finally shivered my way to sleep.
    ps the thicker duvet is still at the foot of the bed, just in case, the airing cupboard is too far away!
    Deal with things as they are, not as they should be.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    WaS you need to move here. Today it is 14C and forecast 10C tomorrow.��
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi guys.. this sinus/tonsillitis combo is back.. as soon as I overdo beyond my m.e very small capacity, it comes back, I feel so fluey, and really fed up :(
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Actually, I take it back. It's still overcast, but we had a smatter of rain earlier, which has made things very humid.

I had to suddenly rush out this afternoon. I'd noticed on Tuesday night, coming back from AmDram, that one of my headlamp bulbs had gone, luckily the near side one. I forgot about it until this afternoon as I haven't used the car since. Suddenly realised that the workshop I'm doing tomorrow involves driving back after dark! So phoned the garage and luckily they were able to do it if I took it straight in.

And in case you're wondering why I didn't just do it, well with my car it's actually very complicated, a half hour job for the garage! You have to take something out before you can get at the headlamp fitting, (from inside the bonnet) and I did once try to work it out and gave up. Plus it would probably have made my wrists flare up.

Anyway, had to rush up there, a half hour drive during the school run. Except that I forgot the way, as I hadn't driven there from home for a few years, (they pick the car up from me for it to have its service and MOT.)
    Ended up going in a big circle! :rotfl:

Anyway, while I waited I was able to have a nice coffee, and started a crossword from their courtesy newspaper. Plus they said I could take the crossword page, as it was nearly the end of the afternoon! Good, 'cos I was enjoying doing it! :)

Anyway, on the way back I thought I could fill up with petrol, in view of the drive tomorrow, as I was getting a bit low. (I hate getting petrol, so I always fill it to the brim so that I don't have to do it very often! :D)

And popped into Sainsbury's as I was getting perilously low on loo-rolls.:eek:

So the headlamp bulb actually got me out of my pit! :)

Sainsbury's have started doing a rather nice coffee mousse. I bought one to try, and it is rather nice. Not too sweet.

Decided to get some spare printer inks, as I was down to my last black and magenta.
    Got a four-colour pack and a single black and it came to £70!:eek:
    It makes me soooooo cross! The inks probably only cost a fiver to actually make! It's such a rip-off. Apparently weight for weight they cost more than gold! :mad:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Pyxis - did you get your inks online? I do agree about the dreadful prices, but they are a lot cheaper if you buy them a) online and b) in small bulk. I used to buy refill kits - I think you may still be able to get them - where you syringe ink into the old container. Very messy but saves loads! (Enough to get some plastic gloves, which I always forgot to wear.)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback