Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• aallank
    aallank Posts: 2,254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all :wave:
    I just wondered if anyone had tried the fish in W's today?
    TIA :D
  • nanx4
    nanx4 Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Tried the little dish meals they were priced @ 2.50 in store went through as multi save.but compared at the offer price

1x Little Dish 1yr+ Chicken & Veg Risotto (200G) £1.67 £1.75
    1x Little Dish 1yr+ Cottage Pie (200G) £1.66 £1.75
    1x Little Dish 1yr+ Spaghetti & Meatballs (200G) £1.67 £1.75
    Comparison total (compared products only) £6.00 £6.25
    cheaper +£0.25
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Free pint of beer 22nd September to 2nd October. You need to have a smartphone or tablet to claim. It is not a printable voucher.

http://freedrinkpubs.co.uk/

Choose the pub and it asks you to show code on your phone at the bar, I haven't gone to the end screen as I'm not anywhere near a pub at the moment. :rotfl:
  • Tinyshoes
    mhoc wrote: »
    don't give up hope yet. I lost a wallet in sainsbobs and I rung them next day but no sign of it so next time I was in I asked at customer services but the answer was still no. Another week went by and I asked again at CS and it had finally been handed in :j - I must have left it in the trolley and it was just at the back of the line and it had only been used again when all of the trolleys in front had been used on a busy weekend

I have checked both cars now, I am really losing hope as if I did lose it probably was on Sunday so plenty of time for it to be handed in. Absolutely gutted I might have to pay for a photocard one. :(

Have looked all the piles of receipts and things I have taken out my handbag this week. Checked pockets ten times over...

How long does everyone think I should leave it before applying for new one? Mr TS says has turned out very expensive tea and cake. :o
  • Tinyshoes
    edited 22 September 2016 at 4:14PM
    Forgot to say that in Ts instore these 24 packs Walkers Sandwich flavours (you do get 6 each of ready salted and cheese & onion, plus 12 sandwich flavours in each pack) bargain price of £1.50. :money:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=walkers+sandwich&newSort=true&search=Search

Just thought I best clarify link is to 14 pack as I couldn't find link for the 24 pack...
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    another afternoon in the house rather than playing in the garden as they are blasting away with shot guns at some defenceless rabbit or bird again in the fields around us :mad:

so I thought I'd have a go at sorting out a basket next to the printer which I innocently thought was just mixed up printer paper - we have 2 sorts, clean paper for official print offs and stuff which has been previously used on one side for other random prints like MOCS and copies of invoices etc, so they just needed separating and putting into the print paper drawers.

Instead the basket alongside the printer paper was the biggest collection of random paper possible :( Some was suitable for going straight into the recycling paper basket, some for the cardboard recycle, some for incinerating, some little notebooks which went into the Christmas shoe boxes, a few statements and salary slips that were current and went into the filing basket and some old bank statements (now added to another box of statements which needs to be organised and/or culled on a wet autumn afternoon)
    But also there was just about every invoice for every item that we have ever bought online over about 5 years :eek: Some like the marks sale bargains and the underwear from Debenhams receipts were easily culled but then things like anything electronic I had to find out if we still had the item or not. I found the receipt and header card for the Friskas weeder which has a 10 year guarantee and the receipts and guarantee for cases which have 5 years guarantee and the Pandora receipts, both sets of receipts for the garmins we bought (both garmins despite their age we are sentimentally attached to and the stories of how we got them and places we went to with them :) ) Most randomly was the invoice for our dyson, possibly the very first thing I bought online 16 years ago - my mum had inherited a tiny bit of money so she gave us (me and 2 sisters) all some and I used it to part pay for the dyson - very sentimentally attached even though it is now a purple, lime, grey and orange dyson :)

One of those quite sorting out jobs that takes forever and you end up wanting to run away screaming from but at least its finally done and dusted and one basket of rhubarb less and apart from some light filing there is just a huge basket of cruise memorabilia to sort and the basket with old bank statements to organise/cull
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    russetred wrote: »
    Could any kind soul point me in the direction of a MrTosser wine code. I can't seem to find one. Mucho Gracias.

does everyone have the same code?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Tinyshoes
    mhoc wrote: »
    does everyone have the same code?

If it's a 6 digit code starting XX then probably yes. ;)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all :D
    TS hope you find it x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Tinyshoes
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoon all :D
    TS hope you find it x

Thanks bubbs air been a bit blue round here today. :o

I really have run out of places to look...£20 for a new one. :eek:

Think it was the most precious thing I have in my handbag too, was valid until 2025. So if I get a photocard one will have to do a renewal too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure