Orlando/Disneyworld Thread (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    gawebb99 wrote: »
    We are looking at trying to afford to take the children to disney florida.

We have to go during school holidays as i am a teacher

Thinking end of july/beg of august.

my son is autistic , do they offer ride access passes?

I've got a quote booking direct with disney staying at a moderate resort with disney dining for 14 days for approx £4200. This is without flights but includes disney tickets.

Ideally we will get tickets to all the parks, universal etc, and stay on I-drive but it seems to be so so expensive.

any tips?

who to book with?

theres no getting away from it, a trip to Orlando in school holidays is always going to be an expensive holiday.

I'd try and do the last 2 weeks of the school holidays though, as you typically avoid the US school holidays then, so it makes the parks quieter.
  • gawebb99
    gawebb99 Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    thank you for replying balletshoes

my husband has the last week of july and first week of august off work every year as his place closes, sowe would probably have to go then.possibly adding another week to have 3 out there?

where is the best place to book?

have searched so far with thomson, disney themselves, virgin and thomas cook.
    Started comping October 2011, no wins as of yet. Would really love to win a short uk break so we can take the children away :D Thank you to everyone who takes the times to post competitions and good luck:j
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    gawebb99 wrote: »
    thank you for replying balletshoes

my husband has the last week of july and first week of august off work every year as his place closes, sowe would probably have to go then.possibly adding another week to have 3 out there?

where is the best place to book?

have searched so far with thomson, disney themselves, virgin and thomas cook.

the DIBB is the best place for anyone starting to look at a trip to Orlando :) -

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48
  • John259
    John259 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just be aware of all the possible accommodation options - on Disney, a fairly expensive hotel, a cheaper motel, or a villa, etc.
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    Hi,

Looking to go to florida DW poss next august. quite happy to stay on I drive and sort all the tickets out seperatly so looking for just flights ( London ), transfers and booking a hotel. 2 kids in tow.

Not to worries about a non direct quite but atol type company.

Any recommendations to sites or companies please?
  • parksandrec
    Options
    Hi,

Looking to go to florida DW poss next august. quite happy to stay on I drive and sort all the tickets out seperatly so looking for just flights ( London ), transfers and booking a hotel. 2 kids in tow.

Not to worries about a non direct quite but atol type company.

Any recommendations to sites or companies please?

Definitely don't book through Virgin holidays to start with they are always more expensive!! You might also be better booking flights and hotel seperately too. Maybe consider Airbnb for your accommodation as you will probably be able to get a villa with a private pool which im sure your kids would love!
    :staradmin
    Swagbucks rewards £140 Amazon vouchers. £70 Paypal vouchers £10 iTunes
    Qmee Rewards - £14.89
    If you can dream it you can do it - Walt Disney :A
  • DonnySaver
    Options
    Virgin also operate under the alternative title of Travel City Direct. Same holiday, different prices. http://www.travelcitydirect.com
  • unicorn13_2
    Options
    Hi looking for help, never been abroad on holiday and we are looking to go to Orlando end of June start of July (waiting on Daughters passport to arrive so we can book). Looking at staying at universal and only doing universal parks, our daughter is 11 and says she doesn't want to go to Disney (weird). Do you need a car or can you get about on public transport okay? Also most importantly information on visas would be great, how to go about it and how long they take to arrive. :-)
    £100 shoe voucher, £100 Lyle & Scott voucher, £100 Primark Gift card, 2 tickets to see Marc Almond. Tickets to see Haunting Julia. Pair of cheeky shoes. :)
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Best place for advice is www.dibb.co.uk

For Visa you need an ESTA $14 & valid for 2 years

Only go to this site https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/.

In the USA credit card is a must - personally best one Halifax clarity. How long are you thinking of going for.

lots of hotels have courtesy buses to the parks
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 June 2017 at 3:25PM
    Options
    unicorn13 wrote: »
    Hi looking for help, never been abroad on holiday and we are looking to go to Orlando end of June start of July (waiting on Daughters passport to arrive so we can book). Looking at staying at universal and only doing universal parks, our daughter is 11 and says she doesn't want to go to Disney (weird). Do you need a car or can you get about on public transport okay? Also most importantly information on visas would be great, how to go about it and how long they take to arrive. :-)

I would say a car is a great asset in Orlando but lots do it without one. If you are staying at Universal itself as they charge $12-22 per night for parking, so that might sway it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure