Options

Comments

• buckrogers
    Options
    [QUOTE=
    i was offered 'price match' £132 line rental and free broadband instead
    so well please[/QUOTE]

update
    phoned up, never got deal, tried to get me into a 18month deal instead, no free broadband or calls, what i was offered in the first place,so have gone with ee, as i told them i was not happy been lied to and waiting all this time, rather go with ee
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    buckrogers wrote: »
    update
    phoned up, never got deal, tried to get me into a 18month deal instead, no free broadband or calls, what i was offered in the first place,so have gone with ee, as i told them i was not happy been lied to and waiting all this time, rather go with ee

I got the £132 line rental from TT which I paid over the phone, but when I got my bill, there was a charge of £172.20 so I still owed £40. They did apply a credit when I rang to complain, but I shouldn't have had to ring. I will switch when the 12m are up - it strikes me it's less hassle to switch than to negotiate a deal and ensure it's actually applied.

Please feed back how the switch to EE goes.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    joolsbfd wrote: »
    just tried hard with talk talk to reduce their offer of 16.70 a month bb, landline and eve and wkd calls, but nothing budging. might go with ee as i have a tablet and 3g sim so wouldn't be without internet if it was very dodgy (although only works for me as a deal if i get the amazon voucher).

But - is it best to cancel the talk talk and just get rid of the line and number straight away, or hold on til i get the ee or sky deals from mse, and do it whilst i have an existing line, or 'live' line as it were. I don't absolutely need a line or wifi for a short while as i am not totally dependent on them for internet, phone calls or 'life' :) ... can anyone advise? talk talk were really unshifting else i would have stayed, but their deals are twice as much as the others if you factor in the vouchers - and i get frustrated that even talking about 'new' customers getting better deals than existing customers seems to make no difference. i wondered if just ringing and cancelling might enable some shift. I'm not bothered about staying or going for any other reason than price and 'ease'.
    Cancelling can incur disconnection charges and not having an active line can incur charges to re activate and, on some exchanges, your line may be re allocated and you may go on a waiting list for line provision. It is far easier to do a transfer.
  • angelaaa
    Options
    I moved home recently, and had to re-book my moving appointment a number of times due to delayed completion (meanwhile I had moved out of my old property so actually had no service since then).

I have been messed around in a variety of ways - operatives that book appointments after the call gets cut-off despite no date being agreed, operatives that I trusted had cancelled appointments (that I learned did not), overall this has messed up my connection and it continues! Why can EE not be proactive and contact me about cancellations? (They suggest I call in daily to get a cancellation) or reserve a slot before it goes? Or just do what they say they're going to do and book the right slot?

I have had no offer of goodwill, given that I work from home sometimes and without a connection have to spend £40 on a train commute.

In fact, I originally went for EE because of the Amazon voucher deal - well, I signed up in June, and still no voucher. Don't believe the hype - they may be well-intentioned but they are seriously disorganised!

This is the first complaint I've made about a company in years. But sometimes you've just got to vent!!!
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been with Sky a year which ends on the 28th of November.

is it worth me trying to haggle a deal with Sky and quote them the EE deal +Amazon vouchers or will they laugh in my face ?
  • buckrogers
    Options
    anactuary wrote: »
    I got the £132 line rental from TT which I paid over the phone, but when I got my bill, there was a charge of £172.20 so I still owed £40. They did apply a credit when I rang to complain, but I shouldn't have had to ring. I will switch when the 12m are up - it strikes me it's less hassle to switch than to negotiate a deal and ensure it's actually applied.

no problem, will let you know,

talk-talk told me they don't do 12month contracts anymore just 18month
    but looking at there web site they are 12months contracts and better deals than they tried to offer me,
    full line rental, £3.50 broadband and £7.50 for calls, and yet when i pointed out the offer on there web site

EssentialsTV
    TV, broadband & calls £4.25 a month 12 month contract and a £100 voucher

they couldn't care less, that's when i said i would rather leave and go with ee, as i only waited till now as a month ago you offered line rental £132, free broadband for 12 months and free calls,
    and it would be saved on system so when i rang up the offer would be there for me.
    very bad service
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    I have been with Sky a year which ends on the 28th of November.

is it worth me trying to haggle a deal with Sky and quote them the EE deal +Amazon vouchers or will they laugh in my face ?
    Yes, ring the 'request a MAC' number and say you're planning on switching to EE but what can they offer before you do. I was offered 12m line rental for £140.40, free broadband and a £50 credit (new 12m contract), which I wish I'd taken rather than switching. I know of another who got the same without the £50 credit. Good luck.
  • buckrogers
    Options

no problem, will let you know,

talk-talk told me they don't do 12month contracts anymore just 18month
    but looking at there web site they are 12months contracts and better deals than they tried to offer me,
    full line rental, £3.50 broadband and £7.50 for calls, and yet when i pointed out the offer on there web site

EssentialsTV
    TV, broadband & calls £4.25 a month 12 month contract and a £100 voucher

they couldn't care less, that's when i said i would rather leave and go with ee, as i only waited till now as a month ago you offered line rental £132, free broadband for 12 months and free calls,
    and it would be saved on system so when i rang up the offer would be there for me.
    very bad service
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, ring the 'request a MAC' number and say you're planning on switching to EE but what can they offer before you do. I was offered 12m line rental for £140.40, free broadband and a £50 credit (new 12m contract), which I wish I'd taken rather than switching. I know of another who got the same without the £50 credit. Good luck.

They told me that a MAC was not needed, when I cancelled tv and suggested I just make arrangements with the new provider.

With a few days le on minimum term, I called for a deal on bb/phone and quoted offers from elsewhere (in detail). I was offered free broadband and line rental up front, but said I'd think about it.

Realising that I could do better elsewhere, I called next day and got free line rental, so calls and broadband for £15. I decided to take half price tv and so reduced this to £12.50 and was given £10 credit, too.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I spoke to a Sky cold caller yesterday and happened to ask for a deal but he wouldn't budge. He said the new prices I will be charged are already competitive and other cheap deals will all soon go up anyway. I rang off feeling miffed :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback