talk talk new deal

Options
joe134
joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
edited 15 October 2016 at 7:15AM in Broadband & internet access
I had an e-mailfrom TT yesterday about new package and increase in line rental and BB from 17th Nov.
I am on an 18 month contract,which I renewed mid term last december, after the hacking ,and been with them since it was Aol,and been very happy.
The line rental is going up to £18.95 and my £7.50 package for unlimited BB and anytime calls to LL and mobiles will be £9 without the calls which is £5 boost?
I phoned them yesterday, and they wouldn't give me a new 18 month contract on my existing deal now same as last year;err NO.
She advised I pay my new line Rental, upfront, as usual, @ £191.16,before 17th november,£16 pm,which is good, and when my existing £7.50 contract ends in April, renew contract, at whatever they offer then,,which in my estimate, if this new deal is the same, will be, £9 BB + £5 calls boost + another 12 months line rental at new £18.99 , which is £33, a £8 hike;; and they will refund my existing line rental, and start a new contract.
This seems daft, so much for loyalty.

Weird way of working.
I doubt there will be any cheaper deals for newbies,from now, to beat, so the new deal, coming in on november 17th is £27.95 without calls boost, which is another £5,= £33, against my present £24.50,big hike;
They are claiming to allow loyal customers the same deal as newbies, but, will not allow me a new contract, now,even though it was ok same time last year? .

Comments

• Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    joe134 wrote: »
    She advised I pay my new line Rental, upfront, as usual, @ £191.16,before 17th november, and when my existing £7.50 contract ends in April, renew contract, at whatever they offer then,, and they will refund my line rental, and start a new contract.

Will they refund your line rental if you want to go to another supplier in April?
  • joe134
    edited 15 October 2016 at 8:48AM
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »
    Will they refund your line rental if you want to go to another supplier in April?
    I presume so, but not 100% sure.
    Bet it will be a hassle;;
    Don't want to leave after all these years, but perhaps I may if they try and sting me.
    The only other alternative, is not to pay upfront, and pay the new £18.95 pm till April,which is an extra £18, and see what they offer then,BUT, if the offer is reasonable, then I have 18x£3 more line to pay??.
    Heads you win, tails you lose.
    that way, if I move, I won't have to ask for a refund.?
    Will ring again, see if another person will offer something different, but doubt it.
    This new deal is BB and Line rental combined, same as Vodaphone, illusion of doing away with line rental, but an increase in both..
    These 18 month contracts are designed for that reason, even though I 've always had them, with no bother in the past with them.

Does this increase give me permission to leave midterm?
    Bargaining tool.
  • joe134
    Options
    Just spent an hour on the phone to TT, haggling, they wanted £27.95 for a new, package, same I have now, no upfront payment for landline, got them down to £23.75 pm, just 25p more than I already pay, for a new 18 month contract, unlimited BB and unlimited , anytime calls LL and mobiles, and line rental.
    My one month remaining on my last upfront line rental, will be credited to my account.
    Quite happy with that.very pleasant, struggled with background noise, but, cannot complain.
    sorted:)
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    closing as existing thread on TalkTalk price increase and what to do
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories