IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye parking charge notice clarification

Comments

• SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Sedated wrote: »
    A massive thanks to everyone who's replied. Appreciated.

Just waiting for the intimidation to start:mad:

It's a mindset - instead of being intimidated see it as a game. I enjoyed getting my junk mail from G24. Change your mindset and enjoy the ride :D
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • SodG24 wrote: »
    It's a mindset - instead of being intimidated see it as a game. I enjoyed getting my junk mail from G24. Change your mindset and enjoy the ride :D

Same here with the rubbish from CP Plus and their follow on morons DR+/Zenith Collections. Although I am missing their letters - it's been weeks now.... perhaps they don't want to waste any more money trying to extort money from someone who obviously knows it's a scam.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sedated wrote: »
    A massive thanks to everyone who's replied. Appreciated.

Just waiting for the intimidation to start :j

Fixed that for you. :)
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • I have read many of the interesting posts on this site giving advice not to pay private parking charge notices from Parking Eye.

I recently received such a notice from Parking Eye following my over stay at a motorway services carpark.

Enclosed with the notice from Parking Eye was confirmation of a change in the law from 01 Oct 2012 which now means that Car Park Operators may pursue registered vehicle keepers if they do not disclose driver details within 28 days.

Can anyone advise if Parking Eye have correctly interpreted this change in the law and if this has any bearing on whether or not I should ignore this notice? I was both the driver and registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the over stay.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Thye've misrepresented it very slightly by stating that the only options available to the registered keeper is to name the driver or pay up. Which is complete hogwash. You could of course simply ignore everything.

Which would be my recommendation.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    jamie220 wrote: »
    I have read many of the interesting posts on this site giving advice not to pay private parking charge notices from Parking Eye.

I recently received such a notice from Parking Eye following my over stay at a motorway services carpark.

Enclosed with the notice from Parking Eye was confirmation of a change in the law from 01 Oct 2012 which now means that Car Park Operators may pursue registered vehicle keepers if they do not disclose driver details within 28 days.

Can anyone advise if Parking Eye have correctly interpreted this change in the law and if this has any bearing on whether or not I should ignore this notice? I was both the driver and registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the over stay.

If you read some other recent threads here you will see that people have posted a pic of that enclosure. It's been referred to the DVLA who do not have a problem with it. I find it a bit misleading but not terrible, there are worse things on these fake tickets and websites!

It has no bearing on whether you should ignore the fake PCN. Here's a summary:

As far as private parking ticket scams are concerned, for a vehicle where you or family are the registered keeper*:

Any fake PCN issued for an incident up until 30th Sept 2012 = IGNORE IT.

Any fake PCN issued for an incident from 1st October 2012 onwards:

- if you were parked in Scotland or NI = IGNORE IT.

- if your 'ticket' is from a firm who are NOT members of the BPA AOS = IGNORE IT.

- if your 'ticket' is from an AOS member and the incident was in England/Wales, there are 2 choices:

a) IGNORE IT, as ever, playing snap with the threatograms that match our sticky thread 'PPC letter chains' (near the top of this parking forum, there's a thread with a link to the archive letters that PPCs have been known to send), :)

or

b) Appeal it with help from here in how to word it, and insist on a referral to the POPLA appeals service if it's not cancelled. Costs the PPC £32 plus, costs you nothing, it's not binding on you but it is binding on the PPC. IF you do not win your appeal then revert to ignore mode. This option is for those who feel they want to fight back, cost the PPC money and test the POPLA system whilst also getting their PPC's tactics scrutinised; start by reading threads about POPLA. :)

Finally, if anyone gets any fake PCN anywhere in the UK in a retail, cinema, fast food or Supermarket car park then COMPLAIN IN WRITING to the CEO of the company on site if you were a customer. Do not appeal to them, complain about this protection racket against their paying ex-customers.

HTH

* it would be different for hire/lease/company cars (unless the OP owns the company) as the driver could find the fake PCN paid for them! Here is a thread about what to do for newbies who this applies to.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi Everyone

I just wanted to share my parking experiences, I picked up a couple of tickets (2 motorway services) since the laws changed in october. Parking eye sent me the usual PCN rubbish (x4) which i have ignored.
    I will of course update this as and when PE bother to chase the amounts due or not as the case may be?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ignore or appeal, those are the choices now there is POPLA (Eng/Wales only).

Parking Eye have actually folded when we've seen them made aware that the motorist wants to go to POPLA at £27 plus VAT per fake PCN (to be stumped up by the PPC of course, regardless of outcome, and without the decision even being binding on the driver).

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi!
    I know that everyone is saying to ignore all letters from parking eye, but looking over past posts, people are saying not to ignore the ones with HPC. Is this true? I have to pay by Sunday before the amount goes up, so I thought I'd ask!
    I stupidly parked in a poly clinic car park, not noticing the signs.
    Do I still have the right to ignore? Or because it is part of the hospital parking charter do I HAVE TO pay it??

Like I say, I have read all threads and posts, but I noticed some saying ignore unless it is HPC.

THANKS!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Who are "HPC"? If they are just another private parking company, then yes they can be ignored. As for the BPA, that's just a cosy club for the parking industry, it's not a regulator.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure