TMTI VIP Cancellation?

Comments

• They won't. You need to call cpw insurance and TMT separately, or if you prefer not to line their pockets on premium rate numbers you can cancel both on-line. cpw main site for the insurance and the TMT website when you get the letter with your details on it.
  • nirave
    nirave Posts: 15 Forumite
    They won't. You need to call cpw insurance and TMT separately, or if you prefer not to line their pockets on premium rate numbers you can cancel both on-line. cpw main site for the insurance and the TMT website when you get the letter with your details on it.

Hi mobile junkie,

Can you answer something for me? I phoned up these TMTI idiots because I hadn't received any details with policy id etc on it. They said that they cancelled it and no money would be going out... this was a month ago. Just looked at my account they've taken £17.94 and i said to the bank it was cancelled and they said nothing we can do... if you cancel the direct debit they can just reissue and take further money out.

What legal rights do i have because i've spoken to TMTI and now they are denying all knowledge of me ever having cancelled it and furthermore state they sent my details out 5 times in the post.

Any recommendations??

Thanks

nirave

P.S. they really do take the p*ss on the phone and deliberately keep you on hold for about 15 minutes before being willing to answer anything... each question i asked them i was on hold for 15 minutes - 2hour call in total!! You can't cancel online without your policy id which they send to you in the post (if you ever get it)

thanks
  • nirave
    They do set up the direct debit on the same day that they take it out. That's what i realised today. i phoned them up a month ago to cancel as i couldn't online as i hadn't received any details. they said to me it was cancelled. next thing i know they've taken £17.94 out and when i spoke to them they are refusing any knowledge of it having been cancelled over the phone and are refusing to refund the money.

any thoughts about what i can do people?
  • nell2
    nell2 Posts: 267 Forumite
    That is very sneaky only setting up the DD the day they plan to extract the money. However, my bank does call back DD's if I ring them the day I see them leaving the account. (Had to do this once - can't remember why) so keep a close eye on your online banking.
    Also, if money has been taken which they were not authorised to take, then your bank should refund you under the Direct Debit guarantee.
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi, I have usually find that if you cancel the direct debits as soon as they appear on your online banking , that they will contact you and you can then officially cancel them-done several times and never had any problems.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    I've never had a single problem cancelling either the dd, the insurance or the TMT. I always do it on-line or on a normal rate call and ensure a written confirmation arrives in good time. No-one can set up a new dd if you cancel the original one - that would be fraud. You are covered by the direct debit guarantee so my first port of call would be the bank - though I'd ensure I didn't end up in that situation in the first place!
  • agsnu
    agsnu Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    nirave wrote: »
    Can you answer something for me? I phoned up these TMTI idiots because I hadn't received any details with policy id etc on it. They said that they cancelled it and no money would be going out... this was a month ago. Just looked at my account they've taken £17.94 and i said to the bank it was cancelled and they said nothing we can do... if you cancel the direct debit they can just reissue and take further money out.

Your bank is wrong.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/27/27-directdebit-guarantee.htm
  • nirave
    nell2 wrote: »
    That is very sneaky only setting up the DD the day they plan to extract the money. However, my bank does call back DD's if I ring them the day I see them leaving the account. (Had to do this once - can't remember why) so keep a close eye on your online banking.
    Also, if money has been taken which they were not authorised to take, then your bank should refund you under the Direct Debit guarantee.

Yeh i did that... had to call them up and threaten them to and explain word for word what the DD guarantee says lol bareee seriously long unfortunately lol but anyways I got the money back :) and they've agreed not to allow any further DD to leave the account directed to TMTI.
  • nirave
    Surprise surprise... thought I would phone up CPW Customer Care team and after explaining the issue and the fact the hassle I was having and how I was never going to buy another contract from them they agreed to send me out a cheque for 15quid as a GOGW lol not too bad first time they've ever done something nice... that's what I recommend people threaten CPW e2save and TMTI and they may end up stopping screwing people over...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure