Survey Stashing: Valued Opinion hints & tips

Comments

• cptncanary
    cptncanary Posts: 191
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got a reply, when I queried this problem. It seems that the rpcoess to filter out people who randomly click buttons, just tog et through the survey quickly and claim the cash, is too thorough.
    I was told this should be fixed within the next month.
    C'mon you Canaries!!
  • Hi everyone,

I've been with VO for years and make a steady tenner every 8 weeks, but lately my balance gets stuck at just UNDER £10 with completed surveys backing up but not transferred to the balance for several weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm currently on £9.95, since end May.

A further niggle is that I frequently can't login to VO to check or request the payments, despite using the correct details. All VO do is send me my password again (which I know) and then it starts working a couple of days later.
    No PC changes preceded this, by the way. Rebooting doesn't fix it, so please don't suggest this, or maintenance of cookies/files, which I know how to handle.

Weird.

Mike
  • skipton
    skipton Posts: 676 Forumite
    I went 2 to 3 months without any surveys coming through then suddenly I'm swamped with them. I am currently doing the TV watching for 2 weeks but today I couldn't log on. I sent an email and they have read it 3 times but not responded so far. I will be well cheesed off if I don't qualify for my £12.50 because I missed a day.
    On the whole I don't qualify for many but seem to get 3/4 a week, not many by some peoples comments.
  • stressedaah30
    stressedaah30 Posts: 1,332
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    to me there support is off the boil atm 10 days ago i emailed about a survey was given £1.00 when invite said £1.50 and about 2 lots of points which stil not credited after 30 days of doing
    and not a dicky bird of response
    any ideas what next i can do?
    JAN WINS- pepsi tshirt,
  • cptncanary
    cptncanary Posts: 191
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm still getting a couple of survey invitations each day, only to receive the "we're sorry you can't take this survey" message. Really annoying.
    C'mon you Canaries!!
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,023
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    skipton wrote: »
    I went 2 to 3 months without any surveys coming through then suddenly I'm swamped with them. I am currently doing the TV watching for 2 weeks but today I couldn't log on. I sent an email and they have read it 3 times but not responded so far. I will be well cheesed off if I don't qualify for my £12.50 because I missed a day.
    On the whole I don't qualify for many but seem to get 3/4 a week, not many by some peoples comments.

I am also doing the TV diary one, but could not log in yesterday or today. I have emailed them three times but have had no response. Clicking the link now brings up a message that the survey "has now closed". I'm going to be really disappointed if they've had a whole week's worth of data from me for free because they're not going to pay up (sadly I suspect this is going to be the case). It's so unprofessional.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,023
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    to me there support is off the boil atm 10 days ago i emailed about a survey was given £1.00 when invite said £1.50 and about 2 lots of points which stil not credited after 30 days of doing
    and not a dicky bird of response
    any ideas what next i can do?

Their website lists a telephone number : 08452573299 (but I've not tried it). Also their postal address, which is:

Valued Opinions
    8th Floor, Elizabeth House
    39 York Road
    London SE1 7NQ

I hope you get your queries sorted out quickly. This sort of thing is very irritating!
  • wisewoman
    wisewoman Posts: 148 Forumite
    mikeypoos wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've been with VO for years and make a steady tenner every 8 weeks, but lately my balance gets stuck at just UNDER £10 with completed surveys backing up but not transferred to the balance for several weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm currently on £9.95, since end May.

A further niggle is that I frequently can't login to VO to check or request the payments, despite using the correct details. All VO do is send me my password again (which I know) and then it starts working a couple of days later.
    No PC changes preceded this, by the way. Rebooting doesn't fix it, so please don't suggest this, or maintenance of cookies/files, which I know how to handle.

Weird.

Mike
    Hi!
    I have had these problems, and it says that my details are not on their database...but they keep sending me surveys. I tried e-mailing them but my messages are not sent because they say my program is not supported/ incompatable. It is so disappointing because I have been with them for about three years and have had over £100 in Boots vouchers for special treats.
    Mortgage Free in Three cheerleader
  • cattybags
    cattybags Posts: 21 Forumite
    Luksi wrote: »
    Same problem here and it's been going on for like a month now for me.
    No matter which survey I choose, it will always come up with this message and as a result I am unable to complete any of the surveys they send me.
    I contacted Isabel on several occasions, but to no avail.
    Unless they try and fix it on their end, I'm not looking back to VO.

Hi,
    I got this message the other day, and e-mailed Isobel, who replied back:
    [FONT=&quot]Hi [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Our database blocked your account because you have failed one or more of our quality control checks.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The most common reasons why panelists are blocked could be one or a combination of the following:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Geo IP - this is where we can detect if someone is attempting to do a survey in a panel outside of their country of residence[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Duplicate - this is when we detect you have already done this survey or have multiple accounts.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Combination of factors in breach of section number 3 “Obligations of the member” on our Terms and Condition available on the web site.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We are sorry to inform you that once blocked you will not be able to be unblocked or participate in new surveys. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Should you have any further questions about this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]enquiries@valuedopinions.co.uk[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or check our [/FONT][FONT=&quot]FAQ[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Isabel[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am totally at a loss. I've not cheated anyone, have always taken time over the surveys, and now can't even get into my account. So I've answered all the surveys they've sent me for nothing.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What should I do? They've not given me evidence for my supposed misdemenour. I'm pretty hacked off because I've been very honest and fair.
    [/FONT]
  • Luksi
    Luksi Posts: 23 Forumite
    Same here.
    I'd been a happy VO member for quite a while, but all of a sudden they blocked me out for no reason given. I tried to question this decision as I thought (and still do) it's totally unfair.
    But sending email and then waiting for a response (if it ever comes) over 7 days just to get 'sorry, but it's been done and you can do nothing about it, and of course no reasoning will be revealed' is not my way of getting things sorted out.
    To VO being truthful and honest is not a matter of principle anymore IMO and getting screened out having completed nearly 50% of a survey just tops it up...
    I simply gave up on them, but am still happy with others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure