Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• I keep getting reset emails from Walmart, pretty sure they are genuine, someone trying to reset their Wallmart password, but the email is coming to my email address! No idea why, it is actually my email in the address line!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • mhoc, you still around? High waisted leggings on miss guided website and if you spend £10 from 11am (have to be quick) and buy through vouchercodes hopefully you will receive a £15 amazon voucher. I have an alarm on my phone again and my baskets loaded up :D
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :mad::mad:

First train is cancelled - broken down

Back home & having to wait for next one in an hour

My ticket will still be valid as it wasn't my fault the train was cancelled

Hopefully don't arrive too late for That Sister being discharged.

Appt in St Helens is after 2pm

Very frustrating. Be as peaceful as possible. And don’t forget to claim for the delay. They now have to give it as cash if you ask, not vouchers.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Very frustrating. Be as peaceful as possible. And don’t forget to claim for the delay. They now have to give it as cash if you ask, not vouchers.

I've just checked the Merseyrail website and you need the delay repay page - you tick how you paid eg cash or card and then 'original method of repayment' as your refund method.

Not enough people are claiming for delays - its one of my bug bears. MOstly now it can all be done online.

I think with Virgin if you buy tickets online you get it automatically refunded.

Errant child did a claim for his nightmare trip back from Edinburgh in May - he got 50% of his ticket price back so he was very pleased that his day out cost only £15 :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Picasso7 wrote: »

Thanks for this need to reclaim for an EDF non visit (I know different company same idea) and I had totally forgotten Will get onto them today
  • mhoc
    mhoc, you still around? High waisted leggings on miss guided website and if you spend £10 from 11am (have to be quick) and buy through vouchercodes hopefully you will receive a £15 amazon voucher. I have an alarm on my phone again and my baskets loaded up :D

You are a star - I will go and get set up

Hopefully the website wont crash as it always seems to do - I was all set up for the robert dyas the other week and the website failed at 11.03 - by the time I got online again it was too late :mad:

Just did the tiny repair on my Marks leggings yesterday so I had a proper look - the waistband is very deep and cuffs on the legs so thats why the fit is so good. Forgot to have a proper look in Marks on Sunday
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Free on COS at S

460x356_3c266f5d13430e65a906cd7a1308076f.jpg
  • mhoc
    Iceland vouchers arrived today, 5 £1 vouchers - just got to decide what to use them for, have to have a look at this weeks special buy

This reminds me I've got to do a freezer stock check before I start cramming it full of stuff

mhoc wrote: »
    Also this morning he new Iceland bonus card finally arrived - cant remember how long it has taken - must be about 5 weeks.

I registered my card online. I had a vague recollection about someone getting an extra voucher for their birthday so I adjusted my birthday - I have probably made this up.

Then I had an email through which said I should have had an introductory coupon along with my new card. So I messaged Iceland via FB to ask about this.
    Whilst we were in Mr Ts I got a reply from Iceland which I just glanced at - it just started with the usual apologies, problem noted and it would be passed to the relevant team ... usual stuff.

Just looked at it properly now and it then goes onto to say they are sending me a £5 Iceland voucher as compensation :T

I seem to have done very well with FB messaging today - a discussion with GJ to get the new app sorted, 80 nectar points from Nectar for the missing Lurpak points and now £5 from Iceland :)
  • mhoc
    Also the Marks dine in offer is back this week from today - no lemon chicken though :(
    Might be of use if you have AP £5 marks vouchers
    Not sure if the 3 wines save 25% is still on or even if it ever worked on 3 meal deals.

I had a reminder from Q last night about the £2.50 bonus thing so I finished my extra thick tights order and the 20% offer was still working so it brought them down to £7 something (2 pairs)
    Its tracked already but my spend is showing as only just over £6 - I thought vat was 20% ???
    So if Q run this spend £5 get £2.50 back bonus promo again - we have all been looking at spending at least £6 to cover vat, if you are doing a Marks order it might be best to aim for at least £7.50.

I also went looking for my Marks e voucher - I was convinced I had converted some TCB into Marks but I looked at both TCB and Q recent payments but could not remember which or when.
    Needless to say Marks order completed and the Marks e voucher appeared in my inbox 20 mins later :(
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone.

Snap, thinking of you today xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts