Low Carb Diets Support Thread

Comments

• pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    yesterday I made a cauli bread slice thingy, riced cauli, micro for 4 times 5 mins a time, stirring inbetween, this dries out cauli, cool 20 mins, add egg, parmesan cheese and garlic powder, squish it all together, I lined my tray with baking paper, shape into bread shaped slices, make as thin as you can, I got 4, bake 350 ish for 20 mins or so, next time I will flip for last 5, I sandwiched some of the gammon left from yesterday in one, with a side salad, nice and tasty, froze the remaining 3 separated for future use.I had excess cauli as bought several fro Aldi 39p I think, super 6.and 1 looked like it was going dark.Not sure of todays meal yet but do have a large bag of kale to use.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Hello everyone,

I am new to this thread! Can anyone give me a brief description of low carbo foods?
  • Nisha_B
    Nisha_B Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi Everyone,

Am back on the low carb diet and thought this would be an ideal place to check in and keep on track if that's ok?

Due to the heat I've been living off salad - I grilled a batch of chicken and just been chicken salad. Have just had an omelette this morning with a bit of grated cheddar and lot's of chilli. Need to watch my water intake and make sure I'm hitting at least 2.5L everyday!

Suffering with a horrendous cold at the moment - not sure how in this heat but determined to stay on track x
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Pam that cauli bread sound interesting. I must try that, I do miss bread.

I seem to be doing a bit better with my evening munchies and have managed to avoid carby snacks.

Have got a nice piece of gammon for tonight, there should be plenty for leftovers. Might try a pastry free "quiche" with some of the leftovers.

Seem to have a lot of courgettes so need to dig out some recipes.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Nisha and Impactfood. Nice to "meet" you.

Impact I think there are some links at the beginning of the thread plus if you Google lo carb eating hou will find lots of ideas.

I try to keep my diet completely grain free for health reasons but you also have to watch the carbs in certain starchy vegetables, some fruits and of course sugary things.
  • pamsdish
    Welcome Nisha and Impactfood, as L.L. has suggested read the first few pages some nice easy recipes on there, I eat no grain products, pasta, rice vegetables that grow below ground, and only eat berry fruits.
  • Thanku so much :)
  • pamsdish
    Had an omlette yesterday and egg custard last night, cooking a chicken at the moment so will have that with salad, it will probably last 2 days. Or could make a curry tomorrow with cauli rice, will be turning into a cauli at this rate, good job it`s so versatile.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi, I'd like to join in if I may?

I did Atkins about 10 years ago and lost over 2 stone quickly. In the years since then the weight has crept back, and more besides. I bit the bullet and started Atkins again in May and have lost 1.5 stone to date. I found it easier to do this time - it's a learning curve, balancing having cream in coffee with not increasing calorie in-take too high, I find. This time I have done it steadily, with at least 3 weeks when I have had very minor cheat days, leading to absolutely no weight loss for the entire week (I remembered that was how it would be so was prepared for it but felt those weeks it was worth it). 9 times out of ten I will not cheat because it is so not worth it!

I think I am very carb sensitive so I am being very strict most of the time and the 'treats' are limited to 1 or 2 crispbreads or 5 raspberries when I feel I have had very little carbs from other sources that day. No other grains, root veg or sugars pass my lips (oh, untrue!, I have a couple of squares of 85% cocoa Aldi chocolate, but not every day! :rotfl:).

So that's me, still got 3 stone to lose, want to do it by Xmas but think that may be a bit too big an ask. Don't want to rush because I want my skin to adapt rather than look all saggy, being middle-aged one has to think of these things :rotfl:
    Am pretty confident that I am changing my diet permanently rather than dieting and then letting
    go after target is met!

Thanks for all the recipes, am going to try cauli pizza tomorrow (I love cheese :D and herbs :))

M
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • pamsdish
    Welcome MMF007, reads like you are doing quite well, I am not worried about losing anymore weight currently 10st 5lb, I will be 66 Christmas and happy with my size, bought some lightweight joggers last week size 14, they feel loose, but still eat "mostly" low carb, I enjoy this W.O.E., but I don`t obsess, that makes it a chore.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure