PC World Boxing Day SALE - Exclusive info

Options

Comments

• imho
    imho Posts: 2,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is another thread on about this laptop,it seems to say its rubbish.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=334370
  • Micky
    Micky Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    onebigshop wrote:
    here ya go...
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/205208

sale prices don't go live till later
    Website still shows the Medion Satnav price as £99.99, is it exclusive to the store?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    just been to a PcWorld

99% of the stock instore is not reduced, don't waste your time !!
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • thoreau
    Options
    I can tell all of you with some authority please do not buy from PC world or any chain of the dixons company as you will live to regret it.
    They will not be intersted in matching the item to your requirements only selling you a monthly insurance that you will forget to cancel.
    They will try to get you to buy inflated antivirus software which slows your pc down and a ridiculously over priced laptop bag or accessories
    Even if you know what you need to buy and resist the demands you will end up with little or no after sale care and instead phone bills and petrol expenses from driving back and from the shop.
    They do not care about the quality of their goods and will be happy to sell you their own brand names hardware which is a long running joke within the company.
    If you wants goods that have longevity then think carefully about the business you buy from and the quality of the merchandise.
    I think after you have done this you will realise that you are in the wrong shop.
    Visit you local computer store or up and coming computer builder or even pay a friend. I guarantee that even in the worst case you will recieve no poorer service and in all likelyhood one hundred times better.
  • suniil
    suniil Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    seconded that, unless you have no option left out or you find a bargain for the century!
    thoreau wrote:
    I can tell all of you with some authority please do not buy from PC world or any chain of the dixons company as you will live to regret it.
  • thoreau
    Options
    Firstly Im sorry if I sounded a little harsh in my comments but in general im afraid its the truth. Ive experienced their style of business from both sides of the counter.
    There is always an option left,this is what the internet is great for,and as for bargain of the century! you will be lucky to get what you pay for,quite often it will be the reverse.
  • FannyHill
    Options
    I won't shop in Currys Dixons or PC World (all DSG).
  • shop-to-drop
    Options
    FannyHill wrote:
    I won't shop in Currys Dixons or PC World (all DSG).

Bet you go there to check stuff out though! LOL

We'd be stuck if they closed down.
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
  • dws_72
    dws_72 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    any idea where i can find the info for the 199 laptop
  • wigglygiggly
    Options
    Well, we couldn't resist the bargain of a laptop being only £199, so hubby and I went down to PC World (even though I loathe the place and its staff!!) before they opened only to be told they were all gone and they are having 10 delivered tomorrow!!! They are opening at 7.30am and will be giving out 'vouchers' to the 'lucky' first 10. Yeah right, sounds like a con to me - don't think I will be setting my alarm to get out of bed to get it that early!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure