Bradford and Bingley advice

Hi all,

I need some guidance regarding a BB mortgage I had early 1990's until 2004.

I took this out at the branch i think I had MPPI as i made a claim for a couple of months in 2000 ish.

When I took the mortgage out I did not need any insurance as I was a serving member of hte armed forces so was always paid when injured or sick.

I have filled out a form on the BB claims website but had not response or even acknowledgement of my claim, whilst this is only 6 weeks ago and I know they have 8 weeks to respond. i have read a lot about BB going under and no claims possible etc or some such.

Can anyone explain just what to expect. I have the account number and included this with the claim.

Any help.............

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I had MPPI as i made a claim for a couple of months in 2000 ish.

Whislt that does not prevent you freom making a complaint, it does severely reduce the complaint reasons you can give. i.e. you cant say you didnt know about it. Or that it was not suitable for you or that you didn't need it or that you were not eligible.
    Can anyone explain just what to expect.

With so little for us to go on, we cant say. Statistically, most MPPI complaints fail and as it paid out on a claim, it does make it even less likely. However, really have very little to go on.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I have filled out a form on the BB claims website but had not response or even acknowledgement of my claim, whilst this is only 6 weeks ago and I know they have 8 weeks to respond.
    If you've had no acknowledgement it's likely they haven't received your complaint. They have eight weeks from acknowledgement, not from the date you make the complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure