Divx-capable DVD player with Freeview tuner: Under £42

What's the deal?

Currently, an MPEG4 Compatible DVD (Divx) Player with Freeview is available from web retailer SVP for under £42, (including delivery) when purchased using Google Checkout which gives a £10 reduction (more about this method below).

Seperately, the cheapest DivX players and Freeview boxes are around £25 and £20 respectively, before factoring in delivery costs; thus if you're thinking about upgrading to have both of these features, this all-in-one box is worth considering.

But what does it do?

Right ok let me explain.
  • It's multi-region. This means the DVD Player that can plays discs from anywhere in the world.
  • It's Divx. This means it also allows downloaded media files (audio, video, photo) to be played on your TV from either a self made CD/DVD recordable compilation or you can plug in SD, MMC or Memory Stick cards; or a USB hard drive to be played too.
  • It's Freeview. Additionally, the Freeview component enables digital TV access, so if your area receives the Freeview signal (you can check your coverage on the Freeview website) you'll gain up to 30 extra channels and 20 radio stations.
How to get your hands on one

The Umax DVD-7600XTV DivX/DVD Player With DVB-T (Freeview) Tuner can be purchased online at SVP. When viewing your cart, be sure to pick the UK Mainland & IOW / Economy Courier delivery option, as this is cheapest, at £4.99.

To receive the £10 reduction, simply click the 'Pay by Google Checkout' button. Then either sign into your Google account, or register for a free one (it'll ask you if you want to) if you haven't already done so. After that, it's easy to make your payment, and you'll get the nice £10 discount (for more info about the Google offer, take a look at this forum thread.)

Alternatively, for those who live near Devon, there is the option of collecting in person from the warehouse, saving £5 delivery if you're likely to be nearby.

If you spot a similar product at a cheaper price, please click reply and report it below.

Martin

threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• bubbles2007
    bubbles2007 Posts: 249 Forumite
    i bagged one when it was a fiver less a few days go! waiting for it to arrive now...
  • Totoriko
    Totoriko Posts: 650 Forumite
    Would have been even better if it had ethernet connection in order to stream media directly instead of having to burn DVDs. Good price still for having integrated freeview :)
  • dinerouk
    dinerouk Posts: 11 Forumite
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • Thanks Martin,

Excellent spot! Just what was needed! :T

Hunnybunny x
  • jtzt
    jtzt Posts: 17 Forumite
    Just ordered one!

It's hard to see the shipping options and so I looked "behind the scenes" of the web page and here is what the pull-down menu should display:

UK Mainland & IOW / Economy Courier (£4.99)
    UK Mainland & IOW / Parcelforce (£6.13)
    UK Mainland & IOW / Special Delivery by 1PM (£18.50)
    UK Mainland & IOW / Saturday Delivery (Order Fri by 3) (£8.99)
    UK Mainland & IOW / Next Business Day INTERLINK (£6.49)
    UK Mainland & IOW / Next Business Day CITYLINK (£5.99)
    Northern Ireland & IOM / Parcel Courier (£8.10)
    Europe Z1 / 2 - 4 Working Days
    Europe Z2 / 3 - 6 Working Days
    Europe Z3 / 3 - 7 Working Days
    Europe Z4 / 4 - 8 Working Days
    Collection in Person / Collect from Unit 14, Torbay Business Park (£0.00)
  • klb_3
    klb_3 Posts: 2,156 Forumite
    Now out of stock.
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So let me get this right?!

I connect my 250gb external HD to this and voila. It will read it?
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • faz_2
    faz_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    jinkssick wrote: »

Doesn't look like it, shame:

- Playback via SD, MMC and Memory Stick cards (image and music files)
    - Playback via USB port (image and music files)

Still excellent value IMHO.
  • Bulwer
    Bulwer Posts: 65 Forumite
    jinkssick wrote: »

If that is what you want to do then get one of these :-

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1627

Shove a FAT32 hard disk in it loaded with DIVXs and XVIDS and it will play straight to your TV. I have one for when I stay away in hotels - just connect straight to a composite connection or via a scart adaptor and watch whatever you want. Smashing piece of kit!
  • MADCAT19
    MADCAT19 Posts: 45 Forumite
    As was said, it's out of stock but the Umax Kazuki DVD-2800X MPEG4/DivX/DVD Player (http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=2344) is available for less (no Freeview). I already have the basic channels from Virgin Media, does Freeview give any more? I mean, if I already have the telly, should I just get this and get over with it? Any suggestions, much appreciated! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure