PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Evening everyone,

HM Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles tonight and Icecream for Pud. Also a NSD:j hooray at last. Hope everyone else is doing ok.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • katenut
    katenut Posts: 530 Forumite
    poppy-glos wrote: »
    two more nsd's for me, had a debate with myself on the drive home from work of what i 'needed' from tesco,

have run out of fish food which they now don't stock in my town, so was planning on buying cucumber and prawns for the tropical fish to tide them over - am going to give them some boiled egg yolk tonight for tea.
    wanted to buy bread for breakfast and packed lunches tomorrow = have made soft chewy tortillas for breakfast and packed lunches.
    wanted to buy fruit for lunchboxes = going to use the dried sultana and apricots or open some of the tinned stash - pineapple or pear.

so, off on the hunt for fish food tomorrow now...

If its any help to you, Wilkos do very large tubs of tropical fish food, very cheap and our fish thrive on it! We also feed ours frozen peas - thaw in warm water, removed the skin and crush slightly before dropping in the water :)

We're well on target for this month, got loads of food in the cupboards and freezer.
    The most terrifying thing about doing this challenge it the realisation of how much we spend on wine! Trying to cut down now, thought a couple of glasses after work was fine but not when its costing a large chunk of our budget!!:eek:

Off to update signature now, well done everyone and thanks for your inspiration!! :beer:
    Trying to jump back onto the moneysaving wagon .... :cool:
  • Bluefire
    Bluefire Posts: 476 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Finally completed the meal plan for the month! Turns out we're pretty well stocked for food so hopefully the next few shops shouldn't be for a massive amounts.
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
  • vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    :TNSD today
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • Snow_Angel
    Snow_Angel Posts: 763 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm back on the wagon today after yesterday's £10 wine slip-up :o.... I've had a NSD with salad and yogurt taken to work for lunch and jacket potato with beans and cheese for dinner :). I'll have another NSD tomorrow as boyf is cooking me dinner at his house :D
  • loulou0327
    loulou0327 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Hiya all, not posted in a few days (seems like ages!) but i have a question if anyone can help me.
    It's mothers day this Sunday and i want to make it completely personalized so homemade card i have sorted (only just started to do these but with great success).
    But does anyone have a gluten free tried and tested cake recipe that i could ice?
    My mum loves cake and especially the icing so instead of buying cheapo flowers i thought me and the kids could make a nice cake to match her card. Though i know that many recipe's she has tried have been awful since finding out she is a celiac.
    Any idea's would be greatly appreciated!
    Ta Lou xxx
    Grocery challenge Jan 270.27/200:eek:

Total debt 04/01/2011 £2671.23:eek:
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I`ve managed 3 NSD`s on the trot :j

Don`t think it will last much longer though as i`ve run out of chocolate :D
    i ate the last bar that i had hidden away yesterday. It is on offer at a shop on the way home from w*rk but i shall try not to call in. It really depends on what kind of day i have :EasterBun

Fingers crossed :D

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Morning all - hope everyone is well...

I wasn't planning on picking up my few bits until Friday -but hubby got knocked off work for a "sports afternoon" -so he was home early...so we got it done out of the way!
    1. 12 bottles sparkling water
    2. 4 milk
    3. 3 red peppers
    4. 1kg carrots
    5. broccoli
    6. 2kg apples
    7. 1kg pears
    8. 2 bags pasta
    9. 10 eggs
    10. 10 yoghurts
    11. 2 tomato purree
    12. 2 fresh yeast
    so a spend of €13.92 and I will get €3 back on the bottles once empty -so that brings my month spends up to €42.37 with only 2 weeks to go :j and 11 NSDs out of 14 :T

Im planning on doing tuna pasta salad for tonight and hubby will take the extras for his lunch tomorrow.
    Im finally getting to the end of all those meals I made for hubby when I went into hospital -I have been using them up for my lunches and Im down to 3 :j...so lunch today is sausage casserole.
    Right I had better get off and get my brekkie and a cuppa -and get some bread under way...
    Hae a great day everyone
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Good Morning everyone.

HI MrsM - are you managing to get the potio allotment up and running this year? We've gon all out in the prep of the garden so I am hoping that we can get it productive this year.

Just had 3 NSDs and may not spend anything tonight, though will be in A*da at 8pm o pick up DD1 from work so you never know. Meal planning has gone out of the window this week but we have plenty of stuff in the freezers so no problem there. Still have a few bits left from last weeks veg box so must use them up soon.

Off to sort out the chicken stock in the slow cooker. Cheers all..
  • scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    oh dear only 8am and have already spent today (NSD yesteray though) - milk and weetabix from local shop £3.57.............away to update sig
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family