TALKTALK woes.

Comments

• Things seem to be going from bad to hilarious with TalkTalk, I have just received my final bill..
    Which should be for 6 days service and about £3 call charges.

Please remember TalkTalk disconnected my service due to their mistakes, meaning they broke the contract with me, not the other way around.

Please notice NO CHARGES FROM ANY OTHER ACCOUNT THAT TALKTALK SAY WAS OUTSTANDING.

And what is the DEFERED fee for? There is no mention in the small print, I have just checked.

Queue another complaint.

Account holder name: M*** E***** Telephone number: 01803*****3
    01803*****2
    Account number: 35********
    Billing method: Online Bill

Billing date:
    Bill summary

Bill number: TT020******* Billing date: 15 Nov 2012
    Account number: ************ Direct Debit date: 29 Nov 2012

Previous balance £ 0.00
    Payments received £ 0.00
    Total adjustments £ 0.00
    New charges £ 305.10
    Total amount payable including VAT £ 305.10
    The amount due this month is £305.10. Don't worry, you don't need to do anything, this payment will be taken automatically by Direct Debit on or immediately after the 29/11/12
    Bill breakdown

New charges
    Telephone number: 01803*****2
    Part month charges
    TalkTalk Broadband 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00 View Boosts
    100 Mobile Minutes Boost 22 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 1.52
    TalkTalk Plus 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 10.21
    TV 19 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
    Line Rental 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 10.21
    Calling Features Boost 22 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
    Entertainment Extra Boost 19 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 9.08
    Privacy Pack 22 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
    Sky Movies Boost 19 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 9.08
    Super Safe Boost 16 Oct 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 0.00
    Total Part month charges £ 40.10
    One time charges
    Plus Router 16 Oct 12 to 16 Oct 12 £ 0.00
    BrightSparks Engineer - TV Install 20 Oct 12 to 20 Oct 12 £ 50.00
    YouView Box 20 Oct 12 to 20 Oct 12 £ 0.00
    Contract Breakage Fee Waiver 06 Nov 12 to 06 Nov 12 -£ 268.05 CR
    Contract Breakage Fee 06 Nov 12 to 06 Nov 12 £ 268.05
    Connection Charge 16 Oct 12 to 16 Oct 12 £ 0.00
    Deferred Fee 07 Nov 12 to 07 Nov 12 £ 200.00
    Entertainment Extra Boost Commitment Breakage Fee 07 Nov 12 to 07 Nov 12 £ 5.92
    Sky Movies Boost Commitment Breakage Fee 07 Nov 12 to 07 Nov 12 £ 5.92
    Total One time charges £ 261.84
    Call charges and usage
    Call charges and usage 16 Oct 12 to 14 Nov 12 £ 3.16 View Details
    Total Call charges and usage £ 3.16
    Your TV Usage
    Your TV Usage 19 Oct 12 to 14 Nov 12 £ 0.00 View Details
    Total Your TV Usage £ 0.00

Total new charges £ 305.10
    Total amount payable including VAT £ 305.10
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    HI Devonmarc,

I understand your issue was raised to the CEO's Office for further investigation. THey ahve attempted to contact you and a mobile number has been recorded on the note sof the complaint for future contact.

In regards to the TalkTalk Members Forum this is a service available for active custoemr only. As such once your account disconnects so does the access to the forum. This does not prevent you from using one of the many other methods to contact us, including Twitter, Telephone, Online Help, Email and letter.

As the issue is under investigation by the CEO's Office all contact will now need to be made via your CEO Manager who will handle all aspects of your issue.

WIth regards the deferrred fee you have mentioned below, from the extract fo th bil you posted this i the fee relevant to the Youview Box.

As pat of the contract the Youview box is yours, if you leave within the contract period a defferred fee is applied. From the below extract it looks that the contract breakage fee has been waived, due to the nature of your complaint regarding the supply of service. However the Youview box also has a deffered charge if you disconnect. This is entirely seperate to your early termination fee as it is in relation to the supply of equiment. This equipment i understnad is still in your posession as per the contractual agreement, therefore charges have been applied to your final bill as below.

The remainder of the charges constitues the relevant service charges upto the point of disconnection as detailed in your terms and conditions.

Regards

Mark
    Online Community Department
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Jack_Griffin
    Jack_Griffin Posts: 202 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2012 at 9:24PM
    I moved from Plusnet to TalkTalk because my PlusNet connection speed was appalling. I live about 500M from the local exchange and used to get better speeds from them, they were hopeless at responding to my complaints about the gross degradation in quality so I voted with my feet.

The TalkTalk speed has been quite decent, but it is true their customer service is the worst, the best you can hope for is a standard reply that doesn't quite address your problem.

I've had a little issue about email vs paper billing, I opted for the former since it is discounted, but every few months I get a letter saying I've supplied an invalid email address, the problem is at their end and I believe it occurs because I reroute my email through their servers from my personal domain, I think they believe it bounced, if they just forwarded it as they do with all the other email I receive from them on this address the problem would be solved, but you can't tell them that (and I wrote telling them but got another standard & rather patronising reply back). Anyway, they send me a letter & set the billing method to paper, so now I simply log in to my TalkTalk account and set it back, they don't listen.. I haven't the patience to try & reason with them.

Hey maybe the TalkTalk monitor is reading this and gets it fixed... some chance, LOL
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    virgin11 wrote: »
    Diamonds you know how to pick your isps dont you Talk Talk and Orange.What lucky company have your business now.(joke)
    Talk Talk come way above Orange, at least Orange Executive helped.
    TT executive ? PMSL, Dido herself emailed me back saying her team would sort it, sort it ? LOL they couldn't dunk a biscuit in a cuppa tea.

Nice to see I have a online fan following me:rotfl:
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    HI Devonmarc,

I understand your issue was raised to the CEO's Office for further investigation. THey ahve attempted to contact you and a mobile number has been recorded on the note sof the complaint for future contact.

In regards to the TalkTalk Members Forum this is a service available for active custoemr only. As such once your account disconnects so does the access to the forum. This does not prevent you from using one of the many other methods to contact us, including Twitter, Telephone, Online Help, Email and letter.

As the issue is under investigation by the CEO's Office all contact will now need to be made via your CEO Manager who will handle all aspects of your issue.

WIth regards the deferrred fee you have mentioned below, from the extract fo th bil you posted this i the fee relevant to the Youview Box.

As pat of the contract the Youview box is yours, if you leave within the contract period a defferred fee is applied. From the below extract it looks that the contract breakage fee has been waived, due to the nature of your complaint regarding the supply of service. However the Youview box also has a deffered charge if you disconnect. This is entirely seperate to your early termination fee as it is in relation to the supply of equiment. This equipment i understnad is still in your posession as per the contractual agreement, therefore charges have been applied to your final bill as below.

The remainder of the charges constitues the relevant service charges upto the point of disconnection as detailed in your terms and conditions.

Regards

Mark
    Frankly send the YouView box back and bill them for the cost of return.

TitTit:

P.O. Box 344
    Unit 19
    Southampton
    SO30 2NP
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    @Jack_Griffin

If you join the TalkTalk Members Forum or Tweet us @TalkTalkCare we can investigate into this for you and advise you further.

@Diamonds

Im sorry to hear of the difficulties you have encountered in the past. In regards to returning the Youview box there is a specifc process to do this and is only applicable in certain circumstances. If customers choose to disconnect the service then the T&C's clearly state a deferred fee for the box will be applied.

Regards

Mark
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • HI Devonmarc,

Regards

Mark

Yes, the CEO did try to contact me... ONCE, via the phone number Talktalk disconnected.

Talktalk had my mobile number from day 1, I can prove this, as I still have text messages from your engineer confirming the time he was due to arrive to install the service.

I also telephoned talktalk the day before yesterday to find out why I still haven't been contacted.
    I told the customer service rep I had been expecting the CEO to call, but they haven't bothered, AGAIN. I also explained I phoned the generic number, because the CEO direct line always goes to voice mail.
    They lady then said she didn't know how to transfer calls, and would leave a note asking them to call within 24hours.

Obviously the call still has not arrived after 48 hours, but I also find it ironic that a customer service rep for a communication company has no idea how to transfer a call!

I still have not received a bag in the post for the equipment, so as kindly provided by DIAMONDS, I am about to post a registered parcel to talktalk containing the items, and I will also be adding this price to the invoice talktalk is running up for my time.

As for the bill, I will not be paying the £50 installation, I also will not be paying the £200 defered fee.

On top of that, I expect the bill to be correctly adjusted to my disconnection date, and NOT the migration date.

Onto the customers forum, I still have issues that need resolving, and you have removed 1 way for me to resolve the issues, although it looks alot more like censorship to me.

You have confirmed FINALLY that this whole mess is not down to me, by quoting the early release fee refund, so hopefully the snide comments sent my way will now cease.

It is perfectly clear that Talktalk have no intention to sort this problem, so why not save a lot of trouble, and send a dead lock letter so I can move on to the ombudsman, because we all know that's where it will end up.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Remember that after 8 weeks a deadlock letter is not even needed to proceed to arbitration. I guess you can't be too far away from that already?
  • lordra
    lordra Posts: 333 Forumite
    I have a number for the CEO's office if you like. Just PM me and I'll send it to you!
    Living off £450 per month is easy...! If you aren't single! :j
  • Just read this thread through, you have been treated disgracefully by TalkTalk, no wonder their reputation is so pitiful.

I've been having problem even getting TT customer services (that's an oxymoron) to listen. Mine is an inconsequential matter compared to yours, but after a week of not investigating the issue, asking for information already provided, giving out incorrect information and obviously not reading previous E-mails, I feel I'm repeatedly smashing my head against a brick wall.

You correctly stated, the whole organisation is beyond a joke.

I was going to fire a letter off to their CEO office, but after reading your experience, I doubt if it would be worth the effort.

One thing I am doing, I am a member of a number of photography forums, and the question often comes up asking for recommendations on ISP's, I always tell them to run a mile from TalkTalk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure