The Ultimate February Challenge

Comments

• Huh? What does the cat do, look after the house while you are at work? Do the cleaning? How much does the cat earn. I am intrigued.

But seriously you have just made a grumpy YL smile!!!

HA!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:... She ain't that useful unfortunately. the perils of iPhone typing! i meant PAT THE CAT! ..:T:T
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • MrsPee wrote: »
    I've just read through the whole of this thread and would love to join in, but I think I will just lurk this month and then start in March when I can work out my budget first.

Great Plan. Nice to have you lurking around though!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Kat it made me lol as well when i saw you were paying the cat. I agree with the perils of the iphone. Unfortunately I am lurking, and not joining in. Fallen off the wagon mse wise. I have £17 left in my account and 15 days. Damn it why oh why does valentines exist - i love the fiance dearly but if i cant show it throughout the year instead of on one day. No more fuel is going into my tank this month - got a good deal on my petrol this week - £55 for a full tank, took off 8p per litre, + £7.50 from nectar reward, + double points = £44 for a full tank :D
  • poodlegal wrote: »

Thanks for the tip about the rice. I'm a runner too, I tend to do hillraces and ultras though my knees cant take too much hard road running. I'm training for a mountain marathon in April. Obviously i'm a nutcase too :p been scoffing karp food lately so must make an effort with the training and nutrition. (It can be hard finding time with a business to run, 5 dogs in the house and 3 kids :rotfl:and a husband thats away)

I'm in awe! This is my first race, I never do things by half :) Decided I wanted to start running in about October, but I'm one of those people that need a clear cut goal so I thought, why not? It's a massive learning curve and to be honest I'm not sure i'm ready. But I haven't got a time in mind, I just want to finish!
  • Morning all,

SFD no 3 for me yesterday. Hoping today is no 4! A big parcel of clothes arrived yesterday from Tesco for the boy with just some tights for me. Most of it was fine and happily budgeted for. I have transfered funds from the clothing pot although this now needs replenishing at some point.

Still not rang the Halifax... I am a master of procrastination :o Today I will do it.

So pleased the potato bake went down well :D

I am having potato and onion mash (warmed up in the frying pan so a bit bubble and squeak like) with baked beans for breakfast. Yum!

When I make egg fried rice, I also cook the rice in advance and let it cool. I tend to fry off garlic, beat an egg or two, add black pepper and then pour the egg into pan sort of pancake like. I cook for a minute until it is starting to set and then add the rice and stir until I am sure the egg is cooked and the rice is hot. Sometimes I add mushrooms and onions and add these at the garlic stage. If I add cooked peas and/or sweetcorn, I tend to warm these separately in the microwave and then stir them through when the rice is almost ready.

I like the savoury rice idea for using up the chicken. I often bulk it out by adding veg or quorn and add extra flavouring, usually curry or chilli powder if I fancy it spicy.

It is Avon delivery day today so I will be sorting that out soon. He usually comes around 10am. Hubby has taken the ebay things to post today. 8 of mine and a very large box containing a coffee table lol. The things he posts - I wouldn't dream! It isn't that heavy though and as the PO is at the co-op, he will be able to use a shopping trolley to get it from the car! I wonder if he can make it back without getting to tempted by goodies in the co-op.

Anyway, breakfast has been eaten so off to load the dishwasher and washing machine and get on. I was expecting a hangoer this morning as hubby and I had quite a bit of vodka last night while watching 2 more episodes of the killing. That's one bottle gone from our stash (over the course of a week) :eek: We will slow down when we get to the Whiskey! Am planning not to have any tonight. Oh and there was barely a measure in the Baileys and only 1 and a bit in the Carolans so they are gone too. I hate drinks in heavy dark bottles - you don't know where you are with them - rather disappointing!

Hope you are feeling ok Kat, don't over do it. I know the money is nice but you don't want to end up being poorly (gosh I sound like my mum lol). And if you need to eat at work well I should think that is ok if you are doing loads of overtime, after all you have to weigh up the money you make against the money you spend. Take care though.

Have a great day everyone, talk to you later!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • I have advised her MancMan that since she gets her board and lodging free she could at least tidy up a little. Especially as we share the bedroom and she insists on sleeping in my bed.. but I was met with a glance of disdain as if "Her Majesty" would ever consider stooping to the depths of mere mortals and cave dwellers.....that's me....so i am on my own in that respect.

My spending has gone unchecked mainly as I realized I had a little more in my account that I thought.. I shall be adding it up later. Right now i haven't the stomach..

And please stop talking about rice - all I want now is a Thai ... bought from an expensive shop in St Christopher Place in London... nom nom nom...
  • PurpleJay wrote: »

Hope you are feeling ok Kat, don't over do it. I know the money is nice but you don't want to end up being poorly (gosh I sound like my mum lol). And if you need to eat at work well I should think that is ok if you are doing loads of overtime, after all you have to weigh up the money you make against the money you spend. Take care though.

Have a great day everyone, talk to you later!

I feel better now!!:)..it's like a virtual hug! Been asked to come in again tomorrow 0700-1900... at least I might finish at 1500 today.. thank you for all the concerns.. You all make me so happy...:p:p:p
  • Morning all

Im loving all the cookery tips on here, I always seem to have the same things week in week out but need to try something new. Got a bit carried away with buying veg at Adli last week and some of it is not at its best now, might even try making soup:eek:. I need to start doing meal plans and shopping lists too, as end up wasting bits as well.
    Posted my fleaby bits along with my healthcare worker tax rebate request with fingers and toes crossed, A colleague got £500!!!
    Hopefully it got there in time.

Hope everyone has a good day xxx
    p.s NSK - please take care of yourself x
    Halifax CC All paid Mort £7669.99,Car loan 31 months to go
    Food 99.25/100 Petrol 133.12/150 presents 59.12/80 going out 73.75/150 toiletries 4.50/5 other 179.07/100 money made 480 SFD 11/20
  • Yea be careful Kat, you dont want to get ill as then the overtime wont be available because you are off sick and then debts wont be paid off. Unfortunately its a visious circle.Jumping back on the wagon next month, ive worked out now that if I can pay off £250 a month off of mr c/c then it should be paid off by January 2014. Wages permitting. May start selling on ebay in a few months when we move again, but at present dont seem to have anything to get rid of. Am sure we do, but its not jumping at me at the minute.
    Onwards and upwards.
  • PJ you are the queen of cookery! :D
    This is my first race, I never do things by half :) Decided I wanted to start running in about October, but I'm one of those people that need a clear cut goal so I thought, why not? It's a massive learning curve and to be honest I'm not sure i'm ready. But I haven't got a time in mind, I just want to finish!

Running takes a while to get into your bones, especially distance and endurance so dont be too hard on yourself and dont be afraid to pad your long runs out with walking. Its good that you are aiming big but like you say dont think of time, think of completion and so for training think 'time on feet' as opposed to pace. For the ultra training I did plenty of walk/run training (walking the hills) with a few speedy sessions towards the target race. (I did 43 hilly trail miles in under 8hrs:D)

Hope that made sense!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport