OnePoll

Those of you who are a member of OnePoll have probably noticed that as you approach the £40 payout threshold, surveys seem to mysteriously become rather thin on the ground. Yesterday I've had proof that this is deliberate. I was on £38.90, logged on and there were 6 surveys waiting for me. "Great", I thought, "Maybe I'll hit £40 by the end of today". I did the first survey for 20p ( which took my balance to £39.10 ), returned to the home screen and all the remaining surveys had suddenly disappeared !

Now, I realise that this is free money, and OnePoll are one of the better paying survey sites, so I guess we shouldn't really complain. But does anyone else think these are rather underhand tactics ?

Comments

• It's not underhand tactics.

They only need X amount of people to complete the surveys, and I mean COMPLETE not START. Once the required number have completed the surveys they disappear from the screens of all other users, even if you are mid way through completing it.

It often happens that you will start a survey and after you complete it other surveys which were listed have gone.

It has probably happened to you lots of times, but you don't really take notice of it. Except this time you did because you are so close to a payout.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I've never had a problem with Onepoll.Usually takes me a couple of months to get to £40 and its in my account within 5 days
  • I completely agree! I'd normally get a few surveys a day which would make me around 50p - £1 but as soon as I got to £39 all I would get were the prize draw ones. I kept trying and there were loads I was screened out of but finally made it up to £39.95 and was desperate for my last 5p and it became even harder. Whenever I'd click on a survey it would say they already had enough participants but the survey would still be there when I went back to my account. When one did pop up that it let me into, every time I'd answer a question it would say there were enough participants and I had to keep going back in it, to be locked back out, and this went on for EVERY question. But I FINALLY got there about the beginning of last week and the money was paid to me by BACs today. I think there's definitely something that kicks in when you get near the payout amount :(
    Debt free of CC by 2nd March 2013
    Credit cards £350/£9093
    £8743 left to go :(
    Car finance £1740/£13920 (£12180 left to go)
    £2012 in 2012 - £210/£2012 :T

• I have to agree, Ive been trying for two weeks to get past £39 there are always two or three surveys a day, but as soon as you get near payout they slow right down.
    Dont agree its free money you have to put time and effort in to doing surveys and its really not on that they do this.
  • I almost left when they had all the problems after the "upgrade" but find them fine now, I think sometimes surveys are thin on the ground and you notice it more when you are approaching pay out.
  • No I dont think its just that surveys are thin on the ground, they definatly sloww rght down when you get close to payout
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I know they close surveys when they've had enough responses, but I'm sure they do deliberately stop giving you surveys when you approach payout. The 5 surveys that suddenly disappeared when I went above £39 were still available to my wife on her account half an hour later, so when they disappeared from my account they hadn't filled their quotas. Very sneaky. I'm not sure what their reasoning behind this is, though, as they do still pay out when you eventually hit the £40, it's just one more way to annoy people I guess !
  • Im still 20p away and ive been over 39 for three weeks. They most definatly do stop surveys when you get near 40. Dont know what they gain from it apart from putting people off bothering with them. If you look on their face book page you will seee a lot of people have the same problem
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've just tried to do 2 surveys but had to give up because it kept saying there were errors, when they weren't, and taking me back to the beginning of the survey.
  • jacflash
    jacflash Posts: 45 Forumite
    Onepoll posted on Facebook yesterday and today that they were having some technical problems and aksing people to bear with them while they get it sorted. I've also been having the "This survey is now full" screen with the survey staying available, and the going back to the start of a survey after being a good way through it. I assume these are the glitches they are working on.

I joined in April of this year and so far have earned £120 from Onepoll. It certainly takes patience and perseverance, and there is no doubt we earn every penny of it. Never had any problems being paid by them, and in fairness I'd say they are among the better survey sites.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure