PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 3rd September 2015

2»

Comments

• RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

Sorry to hear about Auntie,hugs Judi.
    Well done Dumpling!

Well I have the plasterers due shortly,they were finishing a small job off first.Suits us,there probably isn't a full day here for them anyway,but 2 small walls done will allow some of the kitchen to be done-the bit with the oven :jCant wait.
    Once they're sorted I'm going to do my weekly shop today instead of tomorrow-my DB & SIL bought me a champagne afternoon tea voucher for Slatterys.Its a fab place,chocolatiers/wedding cakes with a restaurant and deli so I'm going tomorrow with DNiece and SIL :)

Sausages for tea tonight,prob with mash.I nearly forgot about them,they were hidden in the drawer at the bottom.
    Right better go and sheet a few things up,that plaster dust gets everywhere :eek:
    Hope you all have a good day x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Good Morning everyone it's a lovely day here and a nicer temperature, long sleeves are comfy but it's not too cool. We have been away for a couple of days, it was DD1s birthday yesterday and she managed to get back for 2.30 in the afternoon and DD2 and the Zebra child came to visit for lunchtime so they were here when the elder daughter got home. What fun we had too, the little man has lots of words now and is soaking up new ones like a sponge yesterday he learned 'on and off' for the light and 'open and closed' for doors. We spent most of the afternoon in the garden and also took him to the playground in the park where he had a lovely time and he didn't have a sleep all day!!! We went out for supper to a pizzeria and he was as good as gold and ate an entire bowl of olives and some of my pasta and a slice of everyones pizzas, needless to say he slept all the way home in the car and didn't stir when she put him in his cot. Just back home now and He Who Knows has gone to pick raspberries and courgettes from the allotment and I will go up the garden and pick beans, blackberries and tomatoes. There are a few apples down on the front lawn too so I think blackberry and apple crumble will be on the menu tonight.

It's nice to be back in routine for a while although DD1 is coming here for the weekend as she's off to learn how to shoot a longbow for her birthday present and we might try to have a day out on Sunday before taking her back home.

Have yourselves a good day everyone, Lyn xxx.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

Thanks so much for your commiserations. They mean a lot. I can't believe Auntie has gone. She spent all her life wanting to die and now she's got her wish...She had a tortured soul down to childhood issues, they dragged her out the house yelling 'do not resuscitate' I hope she's at peace now. She was so generous and kind to those she loved but hard to live with at the same time.

I'm tired. Didn't sleep well and I'm so glad my Grandson is happy to amuse himself today. He will be having a nap shortly.

Onwards and forwards,

Have a great day all.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Judi I'm sat here with tears in my eyes, as I so identify with how your Auntie felt. She'll be at peace in the Summerlands, rest assured. x

Tru so sorry to hear about Maisie Chick's passing.

Been to the GP this morning for my meds review; the timing was serendipitous, as I was able to ask her to prescribe the lotion and eye drops recommended when I went for my eye test on Saturday. So that's another two items added to my prescription list. Mr LW is wfh today, so we'll pop into town when he finishes and get the prescriptions filled.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure