M&S Bank Credit Card Blagged Deal

Former_MSE_Ryan
Former_MSE_Ryan Posts: 36 Forumite
edited 30 November 2016 at 2:36PM in Credit cards
Hi guys, from now on, whenever we run a big exclusive deal on the site, we'll open a new thread so we can keep track of any issues you might be having with the offer.

With that in mind, we're featuring a new exclusive offer on the site that whilst perhaps not being suitable for everyone, we feel might be a good deal for some of you; http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mands-30-voucher-card-offer

Free £30 M&S voucher for spending a penny
M&S BANK* - 25 MONTHS 0% (18.9% REP APR AFTER)

Apply for the M&S Bank* card via the link by 30 November, and buy anything (even if you just spend 1p) by 31 December, and you'll get a £30 M&S voucher. You'll also get reward points when you spend on the card, plus you'll get 500 bonus points (equivalent to a £5 voucher) the first time you spend in M&S.

The voucher will be emailed to you from this address; mandsbank@servicing.mandsbank.com by 31 January and must be used by 28 February.

If you have any issues with taking the offer, you can reach M&S on either 0345 900 0900 or by email at customerservices.internet@mandsbank.com and they should be able to help.

If you're still struggling, you can post on this thread, below, or reach us via direct email on: voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com

MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager

Comments

• Just a warning that the M&S 'voucher' doesn't work the way I would expect! I used mine online, sent back a few items, so ended up spending a total of £43. So you'd think I'd get the full £30 off, yes? No! What they do (and this is company policy, not a mistake) is apply a bit of the voucher to each item ordered. Because the voucher is non-refundable, they then do not refund the bit applied to the returned items. The upshot being, I only actually got £7 from the £30 voucher, despite spending £43!
    After a rather long and stressful phone call to their Customer Services, they did give the money back, in the form of a gift card (which, unlike a voucher, is the equivalent of cash).
    So, get the voucher, by all means, but be careful how you use it.
  • Norscbu
    Norscbu Posts: 176 Forumite
    link doesn't work by the way.
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    myself and wife both took up this offer last time, store were unable to process the voucher for either of us, they checked out items purchased, date, all the conditions basically, but couldn't get them to work. They swapped our transaction to a service desk and made phone calls to try and find out how to do it, then in the end they keyed them in as a gift voucher or store coupon or something. Very embarrassing.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Norscbu wrote: »
    link doesn't work by the way.

yes.. i am up for this, so if we can have a corrected link that would be great please:A
  • Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses, I've just checked the link and everything seems to be working as normal!

Just in case you can also find the offer through this page;http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards

Please let us know if you're still having difficulty.

Thanks,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 February 2017 at 9:51AM
    the link goes to "Whoops! Sorry, you've landed on a page that doesn't exist." Ryan

i found the card, with the offer, via the page though :)
  • I'm having loads of trouble getting the promised voucher. first of all they said it was being sent in the post, then via email. In the last conversation I had with M&S bank, they said they would credit my account with £25, which still hasn't happened! I was really excited about this deal but after all the hassle of trying to get the money it's hardly worth it.
  • I'm having loads of trouble getting the promised voucher. first of all they said it was being sent in the post, then via email. In the last conversation I had with M&S bank, they said they would credit my account with £25, which still hasn't happened! I was really excited about this deal but after all the hassle of trying to get the money it's hardly worth it.

Hi Lucy,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting the voucher. Could you email voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com with your details and we can try and get this sorted for you!

Thanks,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
  • Same here. I applied for the card in September via the MSE link and was due to get the voucher by 20 November. Nothing. Just called customer services. She didn't know why the £25 reward hadn't been emailed or posted, it just hadn't. Not good, as I was hoping to use the voucher for Christmas shopping.
  • Sue73 wrote: »
    Same here. I applied for the card in September via the MSE link and was due to get the voucher by 20 November. Nothing. Just called customer services. She didn't know why the £25 reward hadn't been emailed or posted, it just hadn't. Not good, as I was hoping to use the voucher for Christmas shopping.

Hi Sue,

If M&S were not able to fix this for you, please email us at voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com and we can see what we can do.

Thanks,
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills