12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Comments

• lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Welcome tata!

I'm a FTM too so I'm in the same boat as you.

I'm 23 weeks and so far all I have is a couple of outfits, two lamps and the furniture (minus cots) to go in the nursery. Looking at my pram options, but with two it's a bit harder!

For second hand stuff look on the app Schpock - I didn't even think of it until someone else said a guy at work was selling his bugaboo donkey on there!

My HR department is not in the same building as me and I don't know anyone who can help. I just feel so isolated in my team. We had a "meeting" about it yesterday but as my line manager is good friends with the other girl I am fighting a losing battle. The other girl hasn't come in today, if she blames me I'll be livid.

I know you only get half of the story, but I am genuinely the kind of person who holds their hands up when they're in the wrong, and I'm not too proud to apologise for something I have done wrong. When I haven't done anything wrong and I am being constantly villlainised by one person and the only people who can't see that are my bosses, it really grinds my gears.

I spoke to OH about getting signed off sick from stress but I don't think we can afford it.
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• Okay, well I did get some maternity stuff for me in the sale as I figured either way I'll need it.

Maybe I'll see how things go, 20 weeks isn't that far away. I'm sure my family will have quite a few bits for me when I go home in March anyways, mum loves baby stuff.
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • Tata- Great to see you here!

I am 18 +1 and have bought a few things already just because they were in the sales, I have got the sterilizer, bottle maker, a couple of outfits and the pram (only bought it now because it has a free car seat with it at the moment which is worth about £150).
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • Skintbuthappy, OH has his eyes on a pram already as its one our friends had but they sold it already. Think it's called the mothercare orb? He says he'd be happy to push that round! Lol I do think it's lovely that he's trying to get into it. I'll probably start picking stuff up of its at a really really good price and I won't get it any cheaper. Need to start making lists and getting organized.
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • Toots14
    Toots14 Posts: 262 Forumite
    19 weeks toady. 1 week until our scan. I am starting to show big time and feel pretty self conscious. Everyone keeps commenting on it and I know they are being nice but it doesn't make me feel good!

Still not purchased anything big, waiting until after next week.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Exciting stuff about the scan Toots! :) Ours is in 2 weeks and I can't wait.

I'm 17+5 and am showing too. I don't mind it, but I do mind that people suddenly want to touch my stomach without even asking! Find that a bit weird!

I banged my knee on the metal support under my desk this morning. Ouch! Brought a few tears to my eyes and has left a lump. It's my own stupid clumsiness that caused it though! Whoops!

DH returned home to a letter from Lloyds saying they'd recalculated his PPI settlement figure (it was settled in 2011) for his loans and decided they owe him another £4.5k after tax!!! We can't quite believe it! The timing is perfect. I feel less worried about finances whilst I'm on maternity leave now. Phew!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Ouch about the knee but hooray for the PPI payout!!

Just when I was coming to terms with Bowie, we lose Alan Rickman.... I'm not happy this week! :(
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• euronorris
    Yeah, my knee is still sore now when I move it, but it's not swollen or anything so I think I must've hit one of the muscles and bruised that. Doh!

So happy for the PPI payout. I'm thinking, with my sensible head on, we should probably use some of that money to get our wills sorted (now that we're married and with a bubba on the way), as well as LPA's for each other. In my line of work I see too many people who have neither sorted and it causes no end of issues, and expense, for others trying to pick up the pieces when someone either dies, or loses mental capacity, and I just don't want either of us to be in that position.

Yeah, very sad about both of those losses. So odd that they are the same age, and both died of cancer within a week of each other. :(
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Been feeling like there's a distinct lack of oxygen in the air today. Guess its the baby I need to thank, didn't feel like this till much later on last time
  • euronorris
    Do you get breathless LemonTree?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business