How do you use your PIP?

Comments

• nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,945
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ....and the other 30% of the care award??
    And as for the mobility element everybody has to pay for petrol/parking/bus fares whether they are disabled or not. What you quote don't appear to be the extra costs resulting from your disability.

IF you bothered actually reading the post you would see that the remaining 30% of the care component is saved for equipment.

i know everyone pays bus fare etc ... but i have to pay twice.

if i go on a train i pay my fare plus the fare of my PA.

so it is used for EXACTLY the purposes that it was intended for.

sorry to disappoint that i don't just gift it to family members because i don't need it
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    A fairer system would pay people according to the cost of their disability as some, even if not well off have very little need or the money, so it becomes a perk, while others really do need a lot more help, so have an inferior lifestyle because they have to prioritise the use what they are given.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,787
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    teddysmum wrote: »
    A fairer system would pay people according to the cost of their disability as some, even if not well off have very little need or the money, so it becomes a perk, while others really do need a lot more help, so have an inferior lifestyle because they have to prioritise the use what they are given.

But then people would over exaggerate to get the maximum possible money. Which means you would need assessment. Which costs money. Then people would be unhappy with their award and so you would need a tribunal. It would be worse than it is now. Unfortunately a fixed amount is the fairest way. Some people are better off and some people are worse off. However there is no arguments that someone is less in need than you but gets more money.
  • CTcelt1988 wrote: »
    I see Rockingbilly still being hypocritical having a pop at others for what they spend their pip on, whilst at the same time bragging how he gives his away to his grandchildren.
    Not at all. Others on here have suggested that if you don't use the award to pay for the extra costs that a disability brings to the table then you actually shouldn't be claiming it in the first place.

I admit that I didn't use it in that way and up until when the DLA was suspended then terminated I gave the money to my kids.

What I was seeking was to find others that did the same (using it for other things) every week instead. Seems that there are and I am being accused of hypocrisy??? Others need to put their own house in order before having a go at me.
  • Tommo1980 wrote: »
    He feels hard done by now because he didn't get his PIP award and he is not getting enough attention or recognition. So he's decided to increase his trolling posts to achieve same.
    Not at all - I am trying to get some half decent replies offering sensible help and advice.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,945
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    strangely enough, if i didn't need the money to meet the needs caused by my disability, then i wouldn't claim it.

i don't think most people would. it isn't like it's advertised and just a simple case of asking for it.

very few people are like Billy who claimed it just because he could.

it is the need that makes people seek help .

well normal people ;)
  • teddysmum wrote: »

At last, someone has come up with a sensible solution. It may need to be carefully monitored in the same way that Direct Payments are monitored by Social Services for it to work in order to avoid those wanting to take advantage of the scheme.
    The vetting of what is and what is not an acceptable payment will be easy to monitor.
  • mrcol1000 wrote: »
    . Some people are better off and some people are worse off. However there is no arguments that someone is less in need than you but gets more money.
    ....as I was. And for that reason I was lambasted on this site for admitting it.
  • nannytone wrote: »
    strangely enough, if i didn't need the money to meet the needs caused by my disability, then i wouldn't claim it.

i don't think most people would. it isn't like it's advertised and just a simple case of asking for it.

very few people are like Billy who claimed it just because he could.

it is the need that makes people seek help .

well normal people ;)

You have a honest view of people. The vast majority of people in this country are of the opinion that you should claim everything that you are entitled to claim. Even AgeUK say that to all potential claimants.

Even Brown and Cameron claimed it for their children when it was clear that they were already wealthier than most that live in this country - a good example of get what you can.

How often do you see posts on this forum and others like it saying - what can I get, what can I claim, what am I entitled to?
  • Shecar
    Shecar Posts: 36
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    My daughter has been receiving DLA for a while now - We found that with both of us parents working we could 'fund her extra needs' ourselves and as a consequence have managed to encourage her to save her money in order to build a one level extension so that she is able to have some privacy and independence (as much as she is able, given her conditions).
    Very happy early retired Mum, surrounded by the Welsh hills, our dogs, cats, goats and poultry

:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart:grinheart
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport