Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Comments

• Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes, boxes that can be folded can be stored in a few places (under the bed is another place), but sometimes they have moulded polystyrene to hold all the bits, and it's those that make storing tricky.

Hopefully AC's boxes don't.
  • Happy new diary AC and looking forward to reading about your inspiring adventures in 2018
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • Thanks very much all.:)
    Hello Karonher , hope all is well .:)
    Yes , agencies are the way to go in this day and age . When I was registering previously in London , registering was always a long drawn out affair .This is when I ticked all boxes except part time funnily enough. I would have to take a typing and spelling test. Then I saw the temporary lady. Then I saw the permanent lady and then I was accepted . Wonder if it’s the same ordeal here / Bournemouth/ southampton ..
    This time I only want part time , so who knows .
    When I registered for that , I had to give the agencies a call on either a Thursday or Monday . Or of course they’d call me .
    I’m giving myself the rest of jan to get organised.

Regarding the boxes: trying to Box clever is proving a p I t a at times.
    Lots flat plucked and lots flattened . Yes, I do miss the lof. Having said that , it was often neglected and rubbish was out of sight out of mind .

Fixed the glitch on my musical stuff on the Mac.
    A new interface , and trawling through you tube sorted things out for now . P I t a . I haven’t been outside the door today as I’ve been hours trying to sort it out.
    Still , another thing in the right direction I guess
  • You could maybe apply for something you would not necessarily think of AC like helping out in a shop or supermarket local to you or music shop in Bournemouth if they still have such things. We have one in a Plymouth. I seem to remember postie job was what you did in London?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hi enthusiastic .
    My job titles were Postroom clerk/ facilities assistant / Postroom supervisor / messenger etc . Never post office tho’ which could be seen as surprising . When I started working, they were always on strike . It put me off for sometime. Things are different now .
    When I approach the agencies , I will obviously be flexible and see what’s out there if anything. I’ll go with an open mind and see what gives. While I’m looking, I can still keep going to the gym and that will help .

So today, I didn’t want to but I had a personal training session once again. He worked me hard . My left eye was a little tired at times, but I gave it my all and will endeavour to do so for as long as it takes .
    At my age, the long haul will be longer but I will keep on persisting until something starts to happen . Never surrender.
    This time last year I was breathless walking a short distance . Things have improved a lot since then . Probably since September .
    I may have got a little complacent on my time off, so I will make more of an effort this year to walk more often and longer distances.

Weird atmosphere today . Places like John Lewis etc were closed . Not many people out . Plus it was raining heavy most of the morning .
    It’s New Year’s Day also.

Things to do this week: get a haircut . More Han one surprisingly at my age :rotfl: . Buy trainers . Buy candles in the sales. Homesense have my fave at the moment . Warm tobacco pipe ,and wild honey nectar. I’m sitting here with wood smoke . Loving that one.
    Pay in cheque from plevin .
    I have lots of loose change that has to,be bagged up and taken to nationwide in instalments to go into my account.
    There is loads since I lived in my previous permanent address.
    I was going to work with loads of 20p pieces when I was on my last legs of employment and bewilderment . I had lots of cafe Nero cards as well as you know:rotfl:
    This needs to be got rid and paid into my bank.
    In the middle of that , I have Euro’s from when I used to visit Ireland .i found a 50 euro note and thought it was a joke one.
    My friends said it’s legit . My eyesight.

That’s it for now
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Happy New Year.....to everyone. And happy new thread.

Good to catch up with you all. I’m flaked out on the sofa, being lazy. Didn’t get to bed till 4......:rotfl:

Hope you’ve all had a fabulous Christmas and new year.

AC. What a long way you have come. Really looking forward to the last part of the trilogy, seeing your fitness levels continue to improve and seeing you find a job and make new friends, getting out and about.

Lovely day here, no rain so went for a brisk walk to blow the cobwebs away. Got a nice piece of pork for dinner, healthy eating all the way for me from now on.

I set off on Saturday for my Amazon adventure so I’ve got a busy week this week. I do have lots of plans and ideas for 2018. I’ll start bringing them to fruition when I get back at the end of February.

Until then a Happy and healthy New Year to you all, may all your dreams start coming true.

X
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Happy New Year everyone, and Bon Voyage LL, have a wonderful time exploring the Amazon. I hope you'll regale us with tales of your adventure when you get back!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Have a good trip LL, and as Gigervamp said please do tell us all about your Amazon adventure, somewhere we'd really like to go as well.
  • Yes LL , enjoy the Amazon. :)
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Happy New Year - hope everyone's plans work out
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income