How I pay for Xmas

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you all and hope it helps someone, I am terrible at saving and used to end up buying all my Xmas presents on my credit card and then struggle paying it off.

The last 2 years I have done park vouchers. I pay £41.66 a month which goes out by direct debit. It's an amount I don't miss. Then the 2nd week of November I receive £500 of vouchers to buy all my presents with. It's literally the best thing I have done. I don't worry about Xmas anymore. Hope it helps someone. Best time to join is now for 2018. You won't regret it. :T

Comments

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Be aware that Park Savings aren't protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, so caution should be taken when deciding how much to save with them. All of the money would likely be lost if the company went under.

To protect your money you could set up a standing order for the sum to another bank account, or an internal transfer to a savings account.

The articles in this section will show you what's available: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure