Cat got the cream... and is paying for it!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• leimichellecat
    Options
    I changed my signature so much I forget what it should say! I keep putting myself back to zero, and just reduce my target each time. The car will be paid off in August, but that’s fixed payments, so directing my focus at in laws debt, they are still paying their own mortgage and working full time where as my parents are retired and mortgage free so less rush to pay them back.

Current total is:

In laws - £6000
    My parents - £3030
    Car - £1400

Then the rest is holiday target, but that keeps get spent on the holiday stuff (part booked!)
    Taking on the world one debt at a time!!!

Buy my car outright £0/£3300
    Buy a caravan £0/£7500
    Replace house windows £0/£5000
  • leimichellecat
    Options
    Sadly my OH has had some health problems recently which means for the next few months he will not be working overtime - the debt will still get paid just not in record time. Plus since the debt is mostly to our parents they would be horrified if they found out he was working overtime to pay them. I have gone back to the snowballing calculator and with the maximum payments without overtime we are now aiming for April 2019. Means I’ll be working full time a few months longer but he can keep up with the house work!

Buy a caravan £0/£7500
  • leimichellecat
    Options
    All direct debits have be accounted for, and good news it's a no council tax month!!! The CT money has instead been put in the emergency fund.

I have also just rang the CC company to get a new 0% deal on purchases to discover I still have 11months 0% left. New PIN has been requested and the card has gone back in the safe for animal emergencies.

Vauxhall have also called to offer me a new car, I stayed strong and declined their polite offer of 5 more years of repayments and said I would be celebrating my car debt free day in August!

Buy a caravan £0/£7500
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Woo hoo on both things Michelle,
    I bet the car salesman smiled at your comment though. (Then had a little sulk at his lack of commisission from your call)
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • leimichellecat
    Options
    He asked what would change my mind - I said a brand new car and my repayments stay the same and finish in August, he laughed! Anyway, I’ve already got my eye on a posh new car stereo that I’m saving my pennies for. New car costs £15k, stereo costs £500 I know which I would prefer (although it’s more likely I’ll spend it on the new house windows!)

Buy a caravan £0/£7500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills